Upcoming T'au Codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Re: Upcoming T'au Codex

Post#1477 » Jan 20 2018 01:33

Haechi wrote:They hate xenos armies so much that they released incredible new T'au kits, crazy new Eldar subfaction characters, and an entire new gimmick army based on an old concept that was a real gamble on its success just out of spite. Not even counting the re-editing of old Eldar characters to go with the codex ! So much hatred !

I think I love you :crafty: :D :P

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#1478 » Jan 20 2018 03:10

Haechi wrote:They hate xenos armies so much that they released incredible new T'au kits, crazy new Eldar subfaction characters, and an entire new gimmick army based on an old concept that was a real gamble on its success just out of spite. Not even counting the re-editing of old Eldar characters to go with the codex ! So much hatred !

They haven't released a single tau kit ever since I started playing.
And that was in 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

GND
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#1479 » Jan 20 2018 03:28

Temennigru wrote:They haven't released a single tau kit ever since I started playing.

But that's just how 40K releases work. :D There are factions (imperial and chaos too) that have not seen a model release for far longer. Warhammer 40K has currently so many factions that it's not reasonably possible to get updates and new models for all of them in a timely fashion (GW CEO even admitted this is one of their on going problems in the latest half year report). One of the reasons why 6th edition started a push toward allies - they want you to play more factions so you will see new releases that are more relevant to your collection more often.

I recommend patience. Otherwise you'll just end up angry and disappointed. If you really have all Tau models you want and need assembled and painted (I know I don't and I've been collecting them for faaaaaar longer) then try starting up a small farce from a different army.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#1480 » Jan 20 2018 03:30

GND wrote:
Temennigru wrote:They haven't released a single tau kit ever since I started playing.

But that's just how 40K releases work. :D There are factions (imperial and chaos too) that have not seen a model release for far longer. Warhammer 40K has currently so many factions that it's not reasonably possible to get updates and new models for all of them in a timely fashion (GW CEO even admitted this is one of their on going problems in the latest half year report). One of the reasons why 6th edition started a push toward allies - they want you to play more factions so you will see new releases that are more relevant to your collection more often.

I recommend patience. Otherwise you'll just end up angry and disappointed. If you really have all Tau models you want and need assembled and painted (I know I don't and I've been collecting them for faaaaaar longer) then try starting up a small farce from a different army.

The problem with asking for patience is that I see space marine models come out practically every month.
I want that.

GND
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#1481 » Jan 20 2018 03:43

Temennigru wrote:The problem with asking for patience is that I see space marine models come out practically every month.
I want that.

Every month is a tad-bit overstatement, and if you ever start a space marine faction I think you will realize that only a fraction of these "space marine models coming out every month" is actually relevant for your particular colour of SM. :D

In the end what you want is your personal thing, but don't reasonably expect an multi-million international company to fulfill those wishes.

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#1482 » Jan 20 2018 03:55

Temennigru wrote:The problem with asking for patience is that I see space marine models come out practically every month.
I want that.

So go collect imperial soup?

Though I have heard if you play space Marines for too long your soul will start to seep out of your body bit by bit in sheer disgust :eek: :dead: ;)

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#1483 » Jan 20 2018 04:11

Nymphomanius wrote:
I want that.

So go collect imperial soup?

Though I have heard if you play space Marines for too long your soul will start to seep out of your body bit by bit in sheer disgust :eek: :dead: ;)

That would only be an incentive for GW to release more space marines.
I refuse to purchase space marines.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#1484 » Jan 20 2018 04:27

GND wrote:Every month is a tad-bit overstatement, and if you ever start a space marine faction I think you will realize that only a fraction of these "space marine models coming out every month" is actually relevant for your particular colour of SM. :D

This is so important to remember! There are a dozen or more flavors of Space Marines, and each particular faction gets releases only rarely. And releases that all SM factions can use are pretty rare as well- in the last few years we've seen the release of the Hunter, Stalker, Stormtalon, Centurions, etc. As for releases for particular factions? A couple years back Dark Angels got some models, a long time ago Blood Angels got some models, and more recently the Space Wolves got a few plastic kits too. But the Imperial Fists, Raven Guard, Black Templars, White Scars, Iron Hands, Salamanders... have these factions seen any new units in the last five years, let alone ten? I honestly can't recall any.

If there was a player who played every single variant of Marines, I'm sure they'd be consistently seeing new releases. But individual players wait for a lone time before seeing anything more than generic stuff like starter kits or obscure vehicles.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#1485 » Jan 20 2018 04:32

Arka0415 wrote:
GND wrote:Every month is a tad-bit overstatement, and if you ever start a space marine faction I think you will realize that only a fraction of these "space marine models coming out every month" is actually relevant for your particular colour of SM. :D

This is so important to remember! There are a dozen or more flavors of Space Marines, and each particular faction gets releases only rarely. And releases that all SM factions can use are pretty rare as well- in the last few years we've seen the release of the Hunter, Stalker, Stormtalon, Centurions, etc. As for releases for particular factions? A couple years back Dark Angels got some models, a long time ago Blood Angels got some models, and more recently the Space Wolves got a few plastic kits too. But the Imperial Fists, Raven Guard, Black Templars, White Scars, Iron Hands, Salamanders... have these factions seen any new units in the last five years, let alone ten? I honestly can't recall any.

If there was a player who played every single variant of Marines, I'm sure they'd be consistently seeing new releases. But individual players wait for a lone time before seeing anything more than generic stuff like starter kits or obscure vehicles.

You forgot that everything in codex space marines can be used in every single space marine army. Even named chapters.
Sure a blood angels model can't be used in a dark angels army, but all those different primaris can be used in all of them.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#1486 » Jan 20 2018 04:54

Temennigru wrote:You forgot that everything in codex space marines can be used in every single space marine army. Even named chapters.
Sure a blood angels model can't be used in a dark angels army, but all those different primaris can be used in all of them.

But that's the interesting thing about all of this. With the exception of Primaris, which are something unique and totally unprecedented, Space Marine releases since around 6th Editon have been either (a) highly specialized and locked to certain chapters (see Black Knights, Baal Predators, Wulfen, etc.) or (b) really niche (Hunters, Stalkers, Centurions). The only thing that really comes to mind would be the Horus Heresy-themed Dreadnought and Terminators that showed up a while back.

Thinking back about the last couple of years... haven't we gotten an unbelievable amount of new models? Stormsurge, Ghostkeel, Riptide, Tidewall, Commanders, Coldstars, Breachers, Support Turrets... not to mention updated sculpts for Fire Warriors, Pathfinders, Shield Drones, and Marker Drones. I mean, that's actually a ton of stuff!

Meanwhile, Space Marine players are largely stuck with the same Rhinos, Land Raiders, Terminators, etc.

Imperium as a whole is swimming in new releases for AdMech, Guard, Custodes, Scions, etc., but actual Space Marines seem to be a little behind actually.

leo1925
Shas

Post#1487 » Jan 20 2018 04:59

Not everything, but close to it.
For example neither blood angels nor dark angels can take centurions.

nic
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#1488 » Jan 20 2018 05:55

Jacket wrote:I sure hope I'm wrong and sound like that crazy jaded guy who thinks the moon is falling or something lol. It's so hard trying to let go of something that means so much to me. Which is why I need so much time to let it digest its gone.

I really do not think for one minute that GW are dropping any of the main Xenos lines. In the rumoured/supposed year of Imperium & Chaos they still found room for 3 Xenos codexes out of the first 10.

Tau sell well. That makes money, which like any company is what GW wants to do so their staff can get paid and their executives do well off their stock options and it keeps their shareholders happy. If for some reason GW decide to leave your money in your pocket by ignoring the part of their customer base that only like Xenos then that would be a commercially bizarre thing to do. In the highly unlikely event that by next September time we still are seeing no more codexes for the major Xenos factions I'll take a day off work to go to the shareholder meeting and ask them in person - I want you to want to spend your money as much as the next shareholder!

ErSe0831
Shas'Saal

Post#1489 » Jan 20 2018 05:57

A friend of mine plays Space Wolves, just imagine how he feels :)

Edit: Ow right, Jacket you play Deathwatch as well don't you? 8th really haven't been treating you well, I can understand your frustration. Believe me, I have equivalent of $300 dark elves on sprues in the basement bought before AoS.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#1490 » Jan 20 2018 06:05

ErSe0831 wrote:A friend of mine plays Space Wolves, just imagine how he feels :)

Edit: Ow right, Jacket you play Deathwatch as well don't you? 8th really haven't been treating you well, I can understand your frustration. Believe me, I have equivalent of $300 dark elves on sprues in the basement bought before AoS.

Wow, we Tau players ended up with all the wrong armies! I started Empire before the End Times and my other 40k army is Inquisition... both essentially no longer supported. Deathwatch are forgotten too, and Dark Elves were are all but deleted!

Maybe it's not Tau, but rather us that they don't like? :D

In seriousness though, maybe we Tau players are drawn to more niche armies I guess?

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#1491 » Jan 20 2018 07:28

Haechi wrote:
ErSe0831 wrote:A friend of mine plays Space Wolves, just imagine how he feels :)

You can tell him his codex is coming out at the end of August. And feed on his tears.

I admit I don't follow rumors for any of the other factions. Is that one widely-known?

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#1492 » Jan 20 2018 08:43

We can't even guess our own codex. As far as we KNOW ours could be released in august.
We are just hoping for march xD

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#1493 » Jan 20 2018 08:56

Ricordis wrote:We can't even guess our own codex. As far as we KNOW ours could be released in august.
We are just hoping for march xD

Haechi seems to know things, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask :D

DominayTrix
Shas

Post#1494 » Jan 20 2018 11:04

Haechi wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:
Haechi wrote:
You can tell him his codex is coming out at the end of August. And feed on his tears.

I admit I don't follow rumors for any of the other factions. Is that one widely-known?

It's the first time I'm telling it =]

Also Orks in December, with a new subfaction and minis centered around speed and motor.

I know this isn't likely but I just imagined a bunch of orks painting themselves gold and looting custodian gear. Kinda like that old image of the looted Golden Throne.

Return to “General Discussion”