saviour protocols with shield drones

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: saviour protocols with shield drones

Post#19 » Jan 19 2018 06:44

Nymphomanius wrote:
QimRas wrote:I agree that the new method is better for gameplay. The only part that is confusing is that the community still says things like FNP when technically that rule no longer exists.[/quote
I get that but aslong as everyone knows what it means it's easier because it sums up the effects of dozens of "different" rules that all do the same thing

For example a T'au Commander can technically get a 3+ armour save a 4+ invulnerable save a 6+ save from stimulant injector a 6+ save from sense of stone and a 6+ save from tenacious survivor. So it's easier to class all 3 of those 6+ saves as FNP to save time.

Yeah, we need a word to describe all of these things. I've heard some people describe them as "shrugs" (i.e. the Commander shrugged the wound) but that's still neither official nor widely used.

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Jan 21 2018 07:57

Sorry, have to go one step back again :roll:

So the only way my Commander can use the 4+ save is, when he self has equipped a shield generator?
And Shield Drone can use the 4+ save instead of the 5+ FNP when not using savior protocol and being the original target?

Thanks again
hope I will be less confused, when all Information can be found in one codex :fear:

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#21 » Jan 21 2018 08:20

Shas'O Ora wrote:Sorry, have to go one step back again :roll:

So the only way my Commander can use the 4+ save is, when he self has equipped a shield generator?
And Shield Drone can use the 4+ save instead of the 5+ FNP when not using savior protocol and being the original target?

Thanks again
hope I will be less confused, when all Information can be found in one codex :fear:

Basically, yeah. The Commander gets a 4+ invulnerable only with the Shield Generator. The Shield Drone has both a 4+ invulnerable save and a 5+ FNP, and may use them both. However the Shield Drone cannot use the 4+ invulnerable against mortal wounds, including those caused by Savior Protocols.

Wedrujacy
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Jan 21 2018 12:28

Nymphomanius wrote:
QimRas wrote:I agree that the new method is better for gameplay. The only part that is confusing is that the community still says things like FNP when technically that rule no longer exists.

I get that but aslong as everyone knows what it means it's easier because it sums up the effects of dozens of "different" rules that all do the same thing

For example a T'au Commander can technically get a 3+ armour save a 4+ invulnerable save a 6+ save from stimulant injector a 6+ save from sense of stone and a 6+ save from tenacious survivor. So it's easier to class all 3 of those 6+ saves as FNP to save time.

Edit: didn't realise I'd deleted the end of the quote box, now fixed

Funny thing is that if you got Mortal Wound on commander with that setup you can try 3 times 6+ to decline wound :D

Return to “General Discussion”