The Greater Good is more like the Slightly More Alright these days

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

The Greater Good is more like the Slightly More Alright these days

Post#1 » Feb 11 2018 08:46

The Greater Good is more like the Slightly More Alright these days :roll:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/02/ ... -them.html

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: The Greater Good is more like the Slightly More Alright these days

Post#2 » Feb 12 2018 07:23

What I don't like about BolS (or any other 40k news site for that matter) is that thry don't list their sources. I went to Warhammer Community's site, and nowhere did I find any info saying that the Drukhari are first in line, followed by us. Did I miss a key detail somewhere else?

Wes
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 12 2018 07:42

Bloodknife92 wrote:What I don't like about BolS (or any other 40k news site for that matter) is that thry don't list their sources. I went to Warhammer Community's site, and nowhere did I find any info saying that the Drukhari are first in line, followed by us. Did I miss a key detail somewhere else?

I think it's just the order they were announced and the order they're laid out in the promotional photos. I'm not sure it's otherwise been confirmed.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 12 2018 04:36

Wes wrote:
Bloodknife92 wrote:What I don't like about BolS (or any other 40k news site for that matter) is that thry don't list their sources. I went to Warhammer Community's site, and nowhere did I find any info saying that the Drukhari are first in line, followed by us. Did I miss a key detail somewhere else?

I think it's just the order they were announced and the order they're laid out in the promotional photos. I'm not sure it's otherwise been confirmed.

Warhammer40000 facebook posted somewhere that "we never said drukhari was first"

Osocruel
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 12 2018 05:24

Temennigru wrote:
Wes wrote:

Warhammer40000 facebook posted somewhere that "we never said drukhari was first"

Please don't be Necrons first! :eek:

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 12 2018 05:33

Osocruel wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
Wes wrote:

Please don't be Necrons first! :eek:

My guess is tau will be first since we got a regimental standard.

Osocruel
Shas

Post#7 » Feb 12 2018 05:38

Temennigru wrote:My guess is tau will be first since we got a regimental standard.

That was my thinking too, I really hope so. I just want some sort of leak to come out to confirm this. :::(

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 12 2018 08:09

I was looking forward to the codex but the nearer it get's the more afraid I am they'll blow it and not fix anything.... :fear: :::(

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Feb 12 2018 08:17

K'Pokk wrote:I was looking forward to the codex but the nearer it get's the more afraid I am they'll blow it and not fix anything.... :fear: :::(

GW gets the codex ready 8 months in advance. At this stage, the rules are set in stone.

Shas'la Cali Nate
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Feb 12 2018 08:33

Temennigru wrote:
K'Pokk wrote:I was looking forward to the codex but the nearer it get's the more afraid I am they'll blow it and not fix anything.... :fear: :::(

GW gets the codex ready 8 months in advance. At this stage, the rules are set in stone.

Still worries us that they'll mess us over

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Feb 12 2018 08:42

Shas'la Cali Nate wrote:
Temennigru wrote:

Still worries us that they'll mess us over

Yea.
I have a feeling in my gut that something awful is about to happen to us.
Like a calm before the storm.
GW is not known to fix things the right way.

Callumibob
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Feb 13 2018 06:25

There's a rumour that there's going to be a battle for mars box with the necrons and skitarii, mostly fuelled by the new knight and kryptek that combined with the regimental standard my guess is we're next followed by necrons and ad mech

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Feb 13 2018 06:33

hoping they'll announce a Tau Allies supplement... who are our allies otherwise?!?

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Feb 13 2018 07:47

Temennigru wrote:

May I request a source for this statement?

BibiFloris
Shas

Post#15 » Feb 13 2018 09:10

Bloodknife92 wrote:
Temennigru wrote:

May I request a source for this statement?

It a number that has been floating around but the source no clue.
There has been rummer over on the codex discussion post that somebody already had a view insight the codex.
It would be logical that at least a month in advance the codex are printed and distributed so everything we say has no impact what so ever on what is going to be in there.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Feb 13 2018 09:14

Bloodknife92 wrote:May I request a source for this statement?

I believe it's more of an estimation, because the practicalities of mass producing a book in multiple languages mean that it needs to be finished months in advance of release so that it can be proof read, translated and sent to printers to get enough copies produced for a large multi-national release.

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Feb 13 2018 09:42

K'Pokk wrote:hoping they'll announce a Tau Allies supplement... who are our allies otherwise?!?

I really just want them to say we can Ally with guard as Gue'Vessa and keep battleforged. That would make sense AND give us a bit more flexibility. Hell...the Tau have even fought side-by-side with the Ultra Marines on occassion, but I'd consider that a stretch. With the guard, it is well documented that the Tau have dominion over entire human worlds that provide forces and fight for the Tau Empire using standard Imperial doctrine and battle formations.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#18 » Feb 13 2018 09:54

Callumibob wrote:There's a rumour that there's going to be a battle for mars box with the necrons and skitarii, mostly fuelled by the new knight and kryptek that combined with the regimental standard my guess is we're next followed by necrons and ad mech

The Mechanicum are just causing trouble for everyone now aren't they. They are up against the Tau in Fires of Firaxis too (if it ever gets a release date)

Return to “General Discussion”