Cadre Fireblade conversion - could use some help :)

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
szeszej
Shas

Cadre Fireblade conversion - could use some help :)

Post#1 » Nov 22 2017 04:50

Someone suggested making your own Cadre Fireblades from unused Ethereals from the Start Collecting kit and that's what I did. I've added a sword, hands, head and backpack from the Firewarrior/Breachers sprue and it looks quite nice imho (I'm not fully satisfied with his left hand but I had no better left hands left ;) ).

Spoiler!

The thing is - I don't think the parted robe looks all that good. You can look up his skirt with that hole in the middle. Would you suggest anything? I'm not that good at modelling so making the missing part with greenstuff would probably produce a mediocre effect at best :/

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: Cadre Fireblade conversion - could use some help :)

Post#2 » Nov 22 2017 09:52

Chop the left arm just below the elbow before the armlet and rotate it about 90* and cut off the scanner. Try to keep something resembling a finger or just make it a fist. Not sure what you're talking about with the robe since it's not clearly photographed in the picture but if it bothers you, try and maybe cut some armor from a firewarrior and glue it in.

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Nov 22 2017 09:22

I personally like his pose. It’s kind of a “ok who lost their scanner? Grab your battle buddy and come see me in my office” or “this is why we can’t have nice things”

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 23 2017 12:57

I like the blade location on the hip, looks cool. But maybe it's facing the wrong way due to wind flow?

I plan to convert my next 2 fireblades with stormsurge pilot heads. Giving them a cybernetic touch.

I like to Jumbo's suggestion about the finger, I'm going to do that now, thanks for the idea.

szeszej
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 23 2017 08:33

Ifrit wrote:I personally like his pose. It’s kind of a “ok who lost their scanner? Grab your battle buddy and come see me in my office” or “this is why we can’t have nice things”

:D

I think I'll try to change it then :)

Return to “Modelling”