Tau objective markers

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
DancinHobo
Shas

Tau objective markers

Post#1 » Dec 02 2017 05:19

My local store didn’t get their shipment of chapter approved today. Does anyone have a pic of the Tau objective markers. I was real excited to see the examples they have.

DancinHobo
Shas

Re: Tau objective markers

Post#2 » Dec 02 2017 05:19

I’ve tried googling them but can’t dind anything...

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Dec 02 2017 09:16

Tau objective markers? Haven't heard anything.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#4 » Dec 02 2017 09:21

There are objective markers for different factions in CA. The ones I’ve seen are mostly spare bits I think, but I was wanting some examples. You can see under match play the objective markers. Image

Ive looked through my bits and came up with these for some. A weapon pile and a mobile shield generator. I’m working on mounting that ion cannon and using it as one. Image

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#5 » Dec 03 2017 07:10

Note that they were purely aesthetic.
I haven't seen the page in over a week, so bear with me.

More than a few were drones bits.

One was a sort of short tower with gubbins and a drone dome top.
One was a floating drone with unique/kitbashed hanging equipment. One I believe was a crashed drone. And one was our new fire warrior drone turret, but with sensors and wargear bits instead of weapons.

And not included in CA, but something similar that has come into fashion in my FLGS is simple tokens/bases to represent command points. And by simple, I mean a player has bases with grass and a skull or two on it.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#6 » Dec 03 2017 09:08

Thanks! I also like the idea of using tokens or the like for command points. I currently use dice, but may look into something of that nature.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#7 » Dec 03 2017 10:43

Here's a low quality shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEdx6ITHD8k
7:04 timestamp.

Or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DzMtnhPhUk at 22:06.
I like that gun locker.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#8 » Dec 03 2017 11:38

MY MAN!!!!
That gun locker is sweet!!! Looks like it’s a Ion accelerator. I just so happen to have an extra!

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#9 » Dec 03 2017 07:03

Here is what I got. Mobile shield gen. Gun rack. Pile of guns. Ion tower. Power core. And ammo crates. Image

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#10 » Dec 04 2017 07:48

DancinHobo wrote:Here is what I got. Mobile shield gen. Gun rack. Pile of guns. Ion tower. Power core. And ammo crates. Image

Odd, I can't seem to place the big, round, flat bit of tech with the Tau logo on it on your right most token. Where is it from?

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#11 » Dec 04 2017 09:09

PeeJ wrote:
DancinHobo wrote:Here is what I got. Mobile shield gen. Gun rack. Pile of guns. Ion tower. Power core. And ammo crates. Image

Odd, I can't seem to place the big, round, flat bit of tech with the Tau logo on it on your right most token. Where is it from?

It is part of the Stormsurge’s Pulse Driver Cannon. I’m calling it a shield gen.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Dec 05 2017 07:08

DancinHobo wrote:It is part of the Stormsurge’s Pulse Driver Cannon. I’m calling it a shield gen.

Aaaah, that'll be why. I don't own a Stormsurge on account of thinking they look ugly as sin. If I bought one it would be a lot of work to mod it into something that looked alright.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#13 » Dec 11 2017 10:03

Ditching the pile of guns for a downed Broadside Commander. Here he is as well as the ammo crates. Image

Return to “Modelling”