Miond's experimentals (updates, pathfindes and commander WIP)

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Miond's experimentals (Quad-ion and pulsebomb turrets added)

Post#19 » Jun 28 2016 05:58

Had a friend over for tv and painting/modelling this weekend, as a result we got a lot done, but there are only pictures from after the fact..
All of the models still need a bit of detail work, greenstuffing and magnetisation :nice:

*Shark and Interceptor drone
Decided to take the easy route and distinguish the Razorshark and Sunshark apart by whether the Quad-Ion or Pulsebomb Generator is attached.
Image Image
Image Image

Tx-42 variant
Image Image

Y'Vahra
I don't really like how the rods look on the Ionic Discharge Cannon, but I needed something to brace the shielding on as it had been damaged in shipping.. :sad: Hopefully I can improve that with a good paintjob.

Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Miond on Apr 11 2017 06:27, edited 1 time in total.

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Miond's experimentals (Various infantry)

Post#20 » Apr 11 2017 06:03

Well... that took a while before I got back to it. Between putting away my tau after the ATT challenge '16 (got fed up with the sanding, so much) and a bit of depression, I figured I'd do something a little smaller, less ambitious.
Depression: 0 out of 10, can't recommend

Pathfinder
Drilled out the feed on the underslung launcher, otherwise bog standard.
Image Image Image

Alternative stealthsuit & helmeted Darkstrider
Never really liked the new cowled(?) stealthsuits, but at least they are plastic and easier to mod than metal.
I think I saw a similar mod a couple of years back on ATT, but something blasted a hole in my recollection of anything apart from the concept :dead: Went with the breacher helmet as that fit the aesthetic best, just have to decide on which antenna to use.. the one that fits the helmet or the one from the stealth kit..
Image Image
Darkstrider, who, like a few of my officers have attended the 'Safety first' course recently after complaints among the 'Saal :fear:

Fireblade
Would have preferred to use the strike team helmet, but the raised back doesn't fit under that one :roll:
Image Image
After being reprimanded for brandishing his Bonding Knife he has taken a liking to photon grenades...

Alternative Fireblade
Decided to convert my Longstrike into a second fireblade, after I read his background lore. Why would you pop out of the cupola of your Hammerhead (unhelmeted even!) when the whole point of the suit is to interface directly with the tank?
Image Image Image
Fireblade attaching her antenna after leaving the barracks

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Miond's experimentals (Interceptor drone, Tx-42 and Y'Vahra)

Post#21 » Apr 20 2017 07:56

great stuff...making me want to start building again!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Miond's experimentals (Interceptor drone, Tx-42 and Y'Vahra)

Post#22 » Apr 24 2017 06:39

Agreed, the Fireblade Longstrike mod is inspired. Could make for a good Shadow War operative. :)

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Miond's experimentals (Modded Hammerhead)

Post#23 » Apr 25 2017 03:30

Glad you like it :)

Modelling has always been my main interest in the hobby and ATT is a great nexus of conversions, so it's nice to know I can inspire too :biggrin:

I really need to get my 'Advanced stabilisation system' back in gear though, figure out how I'm going about the painting since I've got a couple of models just waiting for that stage.

Quick progress update on the *Shark.
So much sanding, touch-ups and even more sanding... I'll be retired before I finish this one it feels like.

I keep returning to making infantry and characters whenever I get fed up, so.. spoiler warning, I'll be putting a few more of those up soon.
Might also unveil the custom flyer I was working on for the ATT '16 challenge if I can get over my feelings on that model, almost threw it away in disgust because of the amount of sanding I was doing on it :dead:

Longstrike Hammerhead
Rear hatch had to go to make room for the souped up internals and cooling. Also had to replace the sensors, as that bit went missing..
Will be doing some more add-on armour along the center ridge and on the engines. I need to figure out if (and how) I'll be doing the skyray parts, and whether I want to do anything else.. probably leaving the side hatches as is.
Image Image
Image Image

Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#24 » Apr 25 2017 09:15

I love the Shark, and the Hammerhead. They look amazing.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#25 » Apr 25 2017 09:44

Aye, that set up on the back door is smart and a great way to distinguish basic hovertank over the real frontline fighter. :)

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Miond's experimentals (Skyray & sniper + spotter operatives)

Post#26 » Apr 30 2017 06:42

Skyray
And a bit of progress on the armoring.

Railrifle and spotter operatives
I.. don't like the Ethereal model packaged with the getting started boxes. Their underarms are too wide and long proportionally, their feet are gigantic and they aren't even in the same style as the other Ethereals..
Heretical, I know. From now on you may reach me at La_Miond@Farsight.Enclaves

So I shaved off the caste emblem and replaced it with the one from their belt buckle.
Then I used the circular gizmoTM on their hip as the new buckle, and replaced their heads and arms.
Gave them pants, and shaved the feet down.. I'll be hiding the remaining hints of the wierd style when I base them.
Image Image Image

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Miond's experimentals (Skyray & sniper + spotter operatives)

Post#27 » May 12 2017 12:50

That's actually quite clever - subtle converting. Liking these figures a lot :D

Definitely getting ideas for Water Caste envoys too, besides Air Caste

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Miond's experimentals (updates, pathfindes and commander WIP)

Post#28 » Aug 23 2017 05:00

Updates
Added a markerlight to my custom fireblade and hung a carbine on the spotters hip to properly represent their loadout.
Image Image

More pathfinders
Drilled out the end of the railrifle for a bit of realistic depth, although it's left the walls almost paper thin :dead:
Sorry for the slight out of focus picture, camera just loves my fingerprints more than the model *conspiracy hat*

Also added another spotter, only custom parts here is the backpack from the hoverdrone etherial (upside down and shaved off the aerial) and head from the fireblade kit.
Image Image Image

And then a bunch more bog standard pathfinders, nothing too exciting so merely took a group photo.

Commander
And then there's what has gotten most of my love lately, my (partially) magnetised 3-in-1 commander, so I can field him as either Farsight (well, not the real one), a Coldstar or a regular Commander. Due to his pose I was thorough and pinned his ankle and foot together and the pinned that to the base. I want to do something fancy with his base but I'm not quite sure what yet..
Image Image

His right hand and the jets are magnetised, will be magnetising the weapon mounts as well, just tac'ed on for now. Made a custom shieldgen and plasmarifle combo and an energy sword of some sort. I want to fancy that up using water effects, but damn that's nerve wrecking, gotta practise first :?

Farsight-y loadout:
Image Image Image

And Coldstar loadout:
Image Image Image

Click on the pictures for high-res versions! Also, let me know if you want closeups on anything :smile:

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#29 » Aug 23 2017 01:15

Really like the commander's head - a close up on that would be nice!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#30 » Aug 23 2017 10:08

Such a great update of neat ideas, quality hobby inspiration :D

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#31 » Aug 24 2017 01:21

Glad people like my custom stuff, always nice to give some inspiration back to the community :smile:

Closeups of the commander head:

Just needs a bit of greenstuffing, scoring the panel lines back in and polishing. Really happy that I mostly managed to recreate the Forgeworld crisis heads, even if the are too big for the regular crisis suits. Looks really nice on commanders and 'tides.

Now, I really should try to finish some of my earlier models.. I keep starting new projects when I get to the refinement stages :crafty:

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#32 » Aug 24 2017 01:53

Thanks for the close-up

Miond wrote:...Just needs a bit of greenstuffing, scoring the panel lines back in and polishing. Really happy that I mostly managed to recreate the Forgeworld crisis heads, even if the are too big for the regular crisis suits. Looks really nice on commanders and 'tides....

If that head fits a Riptide, I may have to pull the head off mine! :dead:

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#33 » Aug 24 2017 11:14

Ironsky wrote:Thanks for the close-up

[...]

If that head fits a Riptide, I may have to pull the head off mine! :dead:

You're welcome :)

Scroll up to the top of this page, there's a few pics of my Yvahra with one of these heads. The head is a little bigger than the one the Yvahra is supplied with, and the overall scale of the body is very similar, if a little bigger than the riptide, so it should look just fine..

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#34 » Aug 25 2017 02:50

Ah. I hadn't noticed that first time around!

Irontau
Shas

Post#35 » Nov 26 2017 02:16

Oh man - I L.O.V.E. your conversions! :biggrin:

Especially the Stealtsuit conversion - relatively simple, but so much better!
Well done - now I have to go to my bitzbox and converting my Ghostleader... :D

kruetz
Shas

Post#36 » Nov 30 2017 02:54

AS ONE WHO ALSO DOES MAJOR MODIFICATIONS (GREEN STUFF, CHOPPING OF PLASTIC) THIS I S BEAUTIFUL WORK

WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE

-THE ANGRY TAU

Return to “Modelling”