Tau Swamp Fighters- PidGinRat's Tau Army

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
PidGinRat
Shas

Tau Swamp Fighters- PidGinRat's Tau Army

Post#1 » Sep 01 2009 09:20

Hey there ATT- I've finally had the oppertunity to photograph some of the minis I've been working on, and thought I'd share them with ya. The feel I am going for is a dirtier, more gritty version of Tau than per usual- Tau who have been lying face down in the mud for a month in the thick of fighting in a backwater swamp world called Luvia- and far beyond the usual lines of supply. The whole force is such that the Cadre can be transported on a single Manta- kind of an in-the-field base of operations, where repairs are made on-the-fly, and the Earth caste engineers are free to make modifications and alterations- bypassing damaged systems and replacing them with modular upgrades. So, hopefully the army has a bit of a rag-tag appearance, but still maintains the Tau aesthetic. Ultimately, everything will be carried in robust Devilfish Transports, but they're still under construction.

Appologies to the slow-intarweb peeps.

First and Foremost- the infantry, fighting men (and women) of the Tau.

Firewarrior Team 1

Closeups of the Ladies of Tau

Image Image

Firewarrior Team 2

And Some of the Fellas of Tau

Image Image

Firewarrior Team 3

Complete with Female Shas'Ui Leader- And Another Female Conversion

Image Image

Then, Some Pathfinders- these don't have much in the way of conversions- mostly just some extra pouches and shoulder straps to help them out in the field.

More Pics to come- but that rounds out the Infantry for the Luvian Mechanized Cadre

-PidGinRat

Feyblade
Shas

Re: Tau Swamp Fighters- PidGinRat's Tau Army

Post#2 » Sep 01 2009 09:50

Those are some great models! I really like your female tau conversions, especially the 'Ui. Can't wait to see more!

Wash Out
Shas

Post#3 » Sep 01 2009 09:51

Beautiful work :biggrin: How did you do the female heads if you don't mind me asking? Er... is that GS? nice work :D
Last edited by Wash Out on Sep 01 2009 09:55, edited 1 time in total.

frosty'vre
Kor

Post#4 » Sep 01 2009 09:53

Awesome, I like the choice of colors. I think that pallet choice is the hard part of paint but you a excellent job at it. The female conversions were done very tastefully, you didn't make them the busty, skinny anime kind of girl you made them all to the right proportions.

I like all the pouches, are they mostly imperial?

Some good lookin' pics, Frosty
Stay Frosty People

O'Shas'ar
Shas

Post#5 » Sep 01 2009 09:54

I swear one of those "Tau fellas" has a Space Marine Sergeant head with the nose cut off XD

PidGinRat
Shas

Post#6 » Sep 01 2009 10:05

Thanks for the warm reception all!

Wash Out- the Female heads are mostly new Deamonette Plastic heads- with a bit of filing on the noses and scaly parts to soften their look into more 'Tau' and less 'Eat Your Face.'

Frosty'vre- The pouches are indeed mostly Imperial- Combination of Space Marine, Imperial Guard, and even some Dwarf pouches- as Tael I believe recommended on a post or two.

O'Shas'ar- Very nearly caught me- a Fella's head or two actually have come from Catachan sprues, with filed down nose bits, and some forehead slits sculpted back in with Green Stuff.

Soon, some pics of Stealths and other Suits (In Progress) - See Below

-PidGinRat

Jordtron
Shas

Post#7 » Sep 01 2009 11:04

Love the look and feel of your force so far. The painting of the armor and the handling of the bases seems appropriate given the conditions. Keep up the good work!

-Jord

Trooper Larkin
Shas

Post#8 » Sep 02 2009 12:27

Very Nice! Your paint scheme works very well and your basing choices complement your scheme making it much easier on the eyes and in return more lovable. Your very good at highliting and I enjoy seeing the very good conversions you did with your ladies. Very good, all I can say is keep it up, your doing great.

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#9 » Sep 02 2009 03:35

damn, will be really cool to see your suits and vehicles.
KISS - keep it simple stupid

paulson games
Shas

Post#10 » Sep 02 2009 03:40

I really like your conversions, they are all very well executed. What did you do for making the reverse knees on the crisis suit legs?
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Return to “Galleries”