Onmyou's Motivation Service

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Re: Onmyou's Motivation Service

Post#91 » Nov 12 2017 02:18

Love that broadside head! Can’t wait to see the barracuda.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#92 » Nov 12 2017 08:48

My WIP on my Coldstar.

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#93 » Nov 13 2017 10:11

Finished my breachers
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#94 » Nov 14 2017 10:46

I did manage to finish my first part of my goal for having 3 colors on the whole 1k points army for the team tournament on 5th of November.. I did lack greatly in posting the pictures I made on my blog and referencing it here... (I felt I needed all the time for painting..) Had a bit of hobby burn out after that with another AoS battle done also. But got back in yesterday and enjoying painting my suits up more.

Hope to get this part of the army done by the end of the year (second part of my hobby goals). And to finally getting time for updating my blog to actually show this stuff.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#95 » Nov 14 2017 09:55

I modeled tonight instead of painted. The other day I went to my parents looking for 2 old shielded missile drones. Found them, along with 8 gun drones, 11 flight bases, and 34 clan rats for age of sigmar. I was pumped!!!

So today I built the drones, along with a stealth team and an Ethreal that need built. Now all I have left unbuilt is some fire warriors. But I don’t plan on building them anytime soon. I feel like I have plenty for now. Maybe after the codex drops I’ll build them.

Here is what I built today!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#96 » Nov 15 2017 08:12

Update 11/14/17:

Making progress towards my 2nd deadline! Finished 6 more Gun Drones and 2 Shas'ui this week, and next week will be 4 Shield Drones and 4 Fire Warriors! Though I'm heading out of town for a week or so this Saturday, so I think I'll need to rush to make my next deadline :D

Jhul'vol
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#97 » Nov 15 2017 09:38

I will join in as well :D

Current projects are:
- Converting an AoS Excelsior Warpriest into Santa.. Every month our local GW has a themed painting competition with the goal of challenging people and pushing their boundries.. this time it's Christmas ;)

- Airbrush two new Space Wolf Intercessors. Just changed my paintscheme for my Wolves, tested it in brush, now want to see what I can do with the airbrush. Doesn't have a real deadline, but want to get it done before the 15th of December, since I can then use my 2 weeks of holiday to get a lot done.
(Old one on the left, new one on the right).

- Lastly I want to finish up the Y'Vahra I got for my birthday, though I think that will be something to start in my holiday.

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#98 » Nov 19 2017 02:55

Another week passes by, and my deadline is met! :)

Here are my completed breachers:

What's up next then? I'll take a breather and post up my next self imposed challenge soon. Have to maintain the Forward Momentum!

In the meantime good job all on your progress and fine work everyone, this is a wonderful thread :D
Ka'ash Sept

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#99 » Nov 19 2017 03:38

Great work all :)

'Cuda is done and now moving on to a couple of Hammerheads...

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#100 » Nov 19 2017 05:44

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now and finally decided to join. Since painting alone has been really boring and well... lonely, I am hoping this group of highly motivated personalities would help me out a bit.

Here is what I got ready (basing not included) since starting like forever ago.
(The pictures have been through some post-processing with correcting the colors and lightning. The minis themselves don's look that amazing :D )
This is the only current project of mine which is ten new "Striker" Fire Warriors. My first goal will be pretty boring and a simple one: to get my team leader painted and assembled by the next weekend (Sunday 26th of November).
Here is a progress picture of him right now.
Lately, painting these guys has been a painstaking task! Which has really demoralized me on getting any more of these guys done.
I absolutely love to browse project/finished model pictures on this forum and felt like this one has been one of the better ones (since it is so active and lively).
Must say to everyone here that you have done amazingly good work and I admire it!
Cheers!
Nix

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#101 » Nov 19 2017 06:23

I'm modifying my goals, out of necessity to play in an event Dec 23 with a list I think is "fun". My previous goals were mostly relevant but now I picked up a second storm surge and I want it to be up and running asap.
My former goals:

My next projects:
1.assemble stormurge for subassembly painting. (Doing during lunch breaks at work)
2. paint 6 crisis suites (as practice)
3. Paint stormsurge
4. Paint darkstrider,
5. Paint 10 pathfinders.
Target date: December 31 2017

My new goals:
1.assemble stormurge for subassembly painting. ***Complete***
2. Finish Commander
3. Magnetize anchor mode on both stormsurge
4. Subassembled/paint new/2nd stormsurge
5. Finish Paint stormsurge original.

Target date: December 31 2017

I will get back to the darkstrider and path finder team I back burnered. They aren't in the list for December 23, and have dropped in priority for the moment.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#102 » Nov 19 2017 09:35

Because of work and other mumbo jumbo I failed to meet my deadline on my coldstar. Everything was looking goo to finish it tonight, until I spilled my paint....

I put the Coldstar to the side, and grabbed the rest of my models( except my farsight ones). Just primed them earlier. I then put the first( and second on some) layer on all the models.
The big stain in front of the Stormsurge was from the paint.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#103 » Nov 20 2017 04:04

Dear Tau'fann this isn't what I was suppose to be working on, but it needed to get done. I had to finish painting a Sternguard drop pod for my son's Raven Guard army. Photographing the model was a bigger chore than painting it! :neutral: Kept having to change the back grounds, the lighting (built a light box and bought lights), fiddle endlessly with the camera (to get the right setting, just to take a photos), buy extra batteries (this Walmart digital camera eats batteries! :dead: ) Then ended up taking like 66 photos and these six photos were the best of the lot.

The biggest problem I had photographing the model was the white tail fins (white for the Sternguard Veterans). Against a white background they just disappeared. :::( But against a black background the camera picked them up, but then the field of focus was off in most of the photos. The two photos I posted were the best I got!

I had taken photos of my son's entire army, but none of them were usable. These are the only photos that came out like they were suppose to.

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#104 » Nov 20 2017 05:34

TauMan wrote:Dear Tau'fann this isn't what I was suppose to be working on, but it needed to get done. I had to finish painting a Sternguard drop pod for my son's Raven Guard army. Photographing the model was a bigger chore than painting it! :neutral: Kept having to change the back grounds, the lighting (built a light box and bought lights), fiddle endlessly with the camera (to get the right setting, just to take a photos), buy extra batteries (this Walmart digital camera eats batteries! :dead: ) Then ended up taking like 66 photos and these six photos were the best of the lot.

The biggest problem I had photographing the model was the white tail fins (white for the Sternguard Veterans). Against a white background they just disappeared. :::( But against a black background the camera picked them up, but then the field of focus was off in most of the photos. The two photos I posted were the best I got!

I had taken photos of my son's entire army, but none of them were usable. These are the only photos that came out like they were suppose to.

TauMan

Looks great. Especially the battle ware!

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#105 » Nov 23 2017 05:08

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I'm making a feminist equality army. Taus don't care about sex and everybody fights in the Fire Cast. Therefore I've added tons of female in my army thanks to Zealot miniature bits.

So here is my latest addition, a second Cadre Fireblade. The boobs are way too big on her, but I don't have a choice. If I did the conversions only with female heads, it would be less visible.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#106 » Nov 23 2017 10:31

I think it's a fantastic mini Haechi. Besides having her with big-....torso armor looks fine in my book. :) Solid conversion.

Update on my army progress. Took on a side project of making a flying base magnetised stand for prepainted Longstrike (new addition to my army last week, courtesy of ebay). Am halfway finished with magnetizing my stormsurge's anchoring system. I glued some pathfinders together and I'm almost finished painting my commander. I'll be posting updates probably this weekend.

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#107 » Nov 23 2017 10:58

Though none are quiet from the T'au armoury, these might be helpful in a conversion:-

https://victoriaminiatures.com/collections/torsos
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#108 » Nov 23 2017 12:41

Finally finished my Coldstar. Started on some stealth suits.

This is what the stealth suits will look like when done. Image

Return to “Common Workbench”