[Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Breachers Part 2)

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

[Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Breachers Part 2)

Post#1 » Oct 14 2009 09:53

Hey all. I figured I should show what my Tau collection of six years looks like. I'm more of a painter than a battler as I don't live near any hobby centers or Games Workshop stores. While I go to school in Ottawa, my home town is Owen Sound, and its truely in the middle of nowhere.
At this point, the army, as it is set up as right now, is just shy of 4.000 points. I know that in the old Tau Codex, they list different colours for TASH'VAR sept, but I like to think I have the ceremonial colours. ;) As a quick recap on my colour scheme, (which is also in my profile), my main armour/primary colour is Dark Angels Green. My cloth/secondary colour is Snakebite Leather. The command colour is Blood Red, while all lenses are Lightning Blue. The Kroot are Camo Green with a Thrake Green ink wash. The Battlesuits and vehicles are Boltgun Metal with several layers of Thraka Green to make a metalic equivelent to Dark Angels Green. Also, last but not least are the Vespids, which I used Sunburst Yellow and Chaos Black with gloss to do a wasp theme.

Now without further delay, here are the shots:

So, this is but a few shots of the army, and its various aspects. I welcome feed back and later I may show off some of the non-Tau models which are in my collection. As a side not, some of the older battlesuits don't use Thraka Green, but the old Dark Green Ink that was sold before the introduction of the newer citadel washes.
Last edited by Czar Ziggy on Dec 18 2016 09:42, edited 25 times in total.

TheAmbit
Fio'El

Re: Czar Ziggy's TASH'VAR cadre

Post#2 » Oct 14 2009 10:17

Thanks for sharing. I really like that vespid colour scheme. Did your crisis suits sprout wings?!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#3 » Oct 14 2009 10:21

For the "wing men" Shas'ui, I use the wings (and grafted on Target lock bits) to represent the Targeting Array. As for the Shas'Vre, its just for looks. I just felt the need to use Carnifex talons. They make neat wings with this paint scheme.

O'Shatta Hens
Shas

Post#4 » Oct 14 2009 10:26

Love the army! Very original!

Its rare you see dark Tau like this...

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#5 » Oct 14 2009 10:30

Yea, and I don't have any good shots unfortunatly, but my tau skin is also very dark as well.

AbusePuppy
Shas

Post#6 » Oct 14 2009 11:26

Interesting color scheme; I'm a big fan of darker Tau, and this one looks pretty good. The photos are kinda lousy, though, you might want to try a simply lightbox (carboard box, grey paper on the sides, white on the back, lamp aimed into but not directly at the models) next time, as the reflections off stuff are pretty harsh.

What's your feeling on the Greater Knarlock in the back there? I can't say I've ever seen one used, so I'm kinda curious how they run.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » Oct 15 2009 06:31

My camera is pretty old, and bad......... though I'll try your suggestion and see if that helps.

I haven't actually had a chance to field my Knarloc yet, so I can't really say if its worth the use. But it does look nice :D

shas'o cam
Shas

Post#8 » Oct 15 2009 10:32

AbusePuppy wrote:Interesting color scheme; I'm a big fan of darker Tau, and this one looks pretty good. The photos are kinda lousy, though, you might want to try a simply lightbox (carboard box, grey paper on the sides, white on the back, lamp aimed into but not directly at the models) next time, as the reflections off stuff are pretty harsh.

What's your feeling on the Greater Knarlock in the back there? I can't say I've ever seen one used, so I'm kinda curious how they run.

I did an article on this a while back. Some of the tactics are a little absurd, but I feel it's a decent breakdown of their strengths and weaknesses.
You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11859&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

Cam
Kroot don't learn. Kroot are commonly used as speedbumps.

AbusePuppy
Shas

Post#9 » Oct 15 2009 11:38

shas'o cam wrote:I did an article on this a while back. Some of the tactics are a little absurd, but I feel it's a decent breakdown of their strengths and weaknesses.
You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11859&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

Cam

Ah, thank you. I like Tau a lot and I'm looking at building towards some kind of Apocalypse-viable force, but a lot of the Forge World stuff is... expensive. The Gnarloc seemed like potentially a good place to start.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#10 » Oct 15 2009 02:28

Yea, I just had to get one after playing DoW:Dark crusade. I've been thinking about getting the Bolt Thrower Gnarloc, but it will have to wait until after the Tiger Shark. Its next on the list after it though. I try to get one FW model a year at Games Day. Although I couldn't find where in IA3 it say what kind of unit a Gnarloc is. Which is just a random remark after having read the Gnarloc thread Shas'O Cam wrote. Love the clown fish idea, lol! :crafty:

Return to “Painting & Artwork”