Onmyou's Motivation Service

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: Onmyou's motivation service

Post#19 » Oct 16 2017 10:50

I slacked a little this weekend. I only finished duplicating a pulse blaster cannon (stormsurge)stock with green stuff. I slipped a magnet in to magnetize it without drilling.

I put a small amount of paint on a black primed crisis suit . The paint job's a little shoddy but I plan to go back over the area's I splashed unwanted paint on with Abaddon black. Also needs shading, osl effects , basing and metal detailing. I may try some light wear and tear effects. Those details will probably be tabled for another date because I really need to focus on my commander and stormsurge assembling and base coating for an event in 2weeks.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Oct 17 2017 06:18

I like to join, just to try.. As I normally try to do a weekly pledge with my local gw shop and try to keep that..

I got the following to do:

1 Pirhana
3 XV-8's + 6 drones (5 gun + 1 shield) - incl magnetizing weapon options
1 Commander + 2 drones (2 shield) - incl magnetizing weapon options
10 Fire warriors + 1 drone and turret
4 Drones (3ML +1 Shield)

deadline: 5 november to have atleast 3 colors (for a team-tournament) // Pirhana is already at the 3 color stage
deadline2: 31 december (total finished product)

I'll see what I can do for pictures

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Oct 21 2017 10:16

This week's progress, managed to stick to my plan... In fact, I'm slightly ahead, thanks to some local group painting sessions!

Wraithlord

Hemlock Wraithfighter

With that, it's time to head over next to my Breacher squad and Barracuda AX-5-2! :smile:
Ka'ash Sept

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Oct 22 2017 09:32

Checking in again after a week! The first ten Fire Warriors' bases are finished up, I went with a dry/arid scheme to try and replicate how the planet T'au might look. Anyway, we also have four new finished Gun Drones (with magnetized stands!), two basecoated Gun Drones, and six basecoated Fire Warriors. By next week, I hope to have all the Gun Drones finished, half the new Fire Warriors finished, and magnetized stands for the next six Gun Drones all glued up.

-

CmdrCASh wrote:This week's progress, managed to stick to my plan... In fact, I'm slightly ahead, thanks to some local group painting sessions!

Hemlock Wraithfighter

Thinking about playing Alaitoc? That Wraithfighter looks like it's just waiting to be untouchable! :D

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#23 » Oct 22 2017 12:42

Finally could put some time in this weekend. I decided to swap the ethereal for my commander. Having spray painted it I couldn't wait till after this challenge :P
The stealth suits have seen quite some tryouts. Today I tried something on the helmet on the left. I like how it looks, so no more experimenting. Just need to worry about the deadline now!

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » Oct 22 2017 06:46

Arka0415 wrote:Thinking about playing Alaitoc? That Wraithfighter looks like it's just waiting to be untouchable! :D

I started painting before the previews of the new Eldar Codex came in, but it does seem like Alaitoc would be a closer fit to my paint scheme! I do have a number of rangers too... :crafty:
Ka'ash Sept

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Oct 22 2017 09:17

@Onmyou. Looks like a sweet start. Experimenting is sweet.

Speaking of experimenting I was trying out painting on sprue. At the start of the week, I had only primed white commander on sprue. I put probably at least 15 hours in (probably more).I mostly worked on painting the legs. I like painting bit by bit but I need my commander and stormsurge up and running by 11/4, and my stormsurge is only partially built needs a lot of work. I spent more time then I wanted to on my commander this week. This will be his paint job for the next 2 weeks as I work on getting my stormsurge functioning. The commander still needs magnetizing and to drill the flying base part on the stand (for a tilting Superman flying effect). I will magnetize the backpack after 11/4 and use poster tact for stability during the event since the jet pack pretty much stands fine by itself.
I will return to painting this guy after the event. Gotta finish assembly in between 2 jobs. :-p

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Oct 24 2017 11:02

I was working on magnetizing my model on lunch in my car. A wasp flew on my lap. The resulting comotion left the commander in smashed inpieces so I had to glue him back up today. I just now finished magnetizing him, and left an option to go coldstar (in case coldstar gets getter in a codex). I used magnets of different sizes. Here's a progress update, since I can set him aside now to concentrate on the stormsurge.
P.s. I also magnetized the 16 CIBs today (made from greenstuff)

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#27 » Oct 28 2017 10:07

How's everyone doing? :D

This week's progress, primed and starting on base coating for my Breacher squad and Barracuda:

Ka'ash Sept

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#28 » Oct 29 2017 02:36

Just weathering to do :)

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#29 » Oct 29 2017 01:22

Really cool to see all these progress shots! Here is what I could do since last time. I guess one more afternoon and it's finished :D

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#30 » Oct 29 2017 06:50

Onmyou wrote:Really cool to see all these progress shots! Here is what I could do since last time. I guess one more afternoon and it's finished :D

Onmyou, that symbol on the chest is stunning! Any tips on how you did that? Do you have a good method of painting the symbol on Fire Warrior shoulder pads too?

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#31 » Oct 30 2017 07:30

Everyone has such great work :nice: . I feel jealous I'm only showing half painted things I did :roll: .

This week I put some paint on the storm surge cockpit. I also magnetized the cannons. I used green stuff to mold a stability bit to allow me enough room to put a second magnet.

I am about to prime the magnets and pulse blaster cannon.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#32 » Oct 30 2017 10:07

Update as of 10/30:

Two Gun Drones finished, five Fire Warriors finished but still unbased. Also, four more Fire Warriors, six Gun Drones, and four Shield Drones primed, and one Fire Warrior and three Gun Drones basecoated.

My current deadline is:

Arka0415 wrote:Project start: October 4th
- 16 Fire Warriors w/ Pulse Rifles
- 6 Gun Drones

Target Date: November 2nd

I think I'll be able to make it, with a few bonus Gun Drones too! Good luck everyone on your own deadlines and I look forward to setting a new deadline next week! :D

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#33 » Oct 30 2017 07:41

Hey guys, I just discovered your post thanks to Lostroninsoul and there's some fantastic work here!

I'd love the flying commander and the forest camo Riptide. Also Arka0415 you have one of the cleanest T'au Ocre paint job I've seen and I really like it, so I'm giving myself a free pass to criticize a little bit: your bases are very... bleak. Especially compared to the model's paint job. Maybe you should work the paint a little more somehow.

Anyway, I don't know if I'm invited to participate but I finished these two days ago for a tournament yesterday:

And here you can see them in action yesterday !

Drone Carrier at the ready!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#34 » Oct 30 2017 07:57

Haechi wrote:Arka0415 you have one of the cleanest T'au Ocre paint job I've seen and I really like it, so I'm giving myself a free pass to criticize a little bit: your bases are very... bleak. Especially compared to the model's paint job. Maybe you should work the paint a little more somehow.

Thanks! Maybe they are bleak, but it also could just be the picture. I'll post a closer-up shot when I get home from work. I admit I'd be bummed out if they weren't good though, they take me long enough to do- there's an hour of love and three layers of drybrush in each base :D Plus I feel like the pale green compliments the ochre quite nicely.

Anyway, I'm just being defensive, I'll post some better pictures soon and you can judge!

TwilightFox
Shas'Saal

Post#35 » Oct 30 2017 10:14

I'll join you!

Here's my goal: 3 Crisis Suits and their associated gear, an Ethereal, and 8 Drones fully painted (sans basing) by December 10th.

Progress so Far:

Crisis and Weapons are assembled and magnetized.
2 Drones are assembled and primed.
Ethereal is assembled and primed.
TwilightFox's Profile (Link)
TwilightFox's Tau Army (Link)

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#36 » Oct 31 2017 05:43

I probably jut need to see them up close Arka. Since this post is about motivation, I'm jumping in on it. But you guys have nice Deadlines, mines are set by tournaments and... oh boy.

I need to paint for November 15th:

1 Ghostkeel and Drones
20 Breachers
6 Stealths and 2 Beacons
10 Pathfinders (almost finished)
Darkstrider
9 Flamers for my Crisis

It's gonna be intense.

Return to “Common Workbench”