Onmyou's Motivation Service

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Re: Onmyou's Motivation Service

Post#73 » Nov 06 2017 09:17

Awesome work guys! I’m almost finished painting my cadre myself, only the riptide, six drones and five breachers left! Sorry for the small pictures, I was trying to fit the whole army in there. If anyone wants to see closer up let me know.

Most of these were painted after a long slump that ended near the end of June, 2017. I’m not the worlds greatest painter but I do ok. It’s awesome to see other people getting their armies painted, imo anyone that has a fully painted army (or is working on it) deserves massive props.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#74 » Nov 07 2017 01:15

Lostroninsoul wrote:@elmo, the paint job is awesome but my untrained eyes can't tell what was changed from riptides first picture and it's last one.

There is some light weathering and soil on the hooves.

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#75 » Nov 07 2017 03:47

Lostroninsoul wrote:
@cmdrcash good job for making the deadline.

So far only my earlier Eldar wraith models have met the deadline, Tau stuff is due end of this month.

My Eldar models were in time to get into a simple display (to be the incursion force vs my Tau) at our FLGS though, so I'm pretty satisfied :) :

Ka'ash Sept

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#76 » Nov 07 2017 06:10

MNGamer wrote:Awesome work guys! I’m almost finished painting my cadre myself, only the riptide, six drones and five breachers left! Sorry for the small pictures, I was trying to fit the whole army in there. If anyone wants to see closer up let me know.

Most of these were painted after a long slump that ended near the end of June, 2017. I’m not the worlds greatest painter but I do ok. It’s awesome to see other people getting their armies painted, imo anyone that has a fully painted army (or is working on it) deserves massive props.

The colour scheme looks great in the group shot. Get those last models painted and posted :)
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#77 » Nov 07 2017 06:19

Nice paint scheme MNGamer!

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#78 » Nov 07 2017 06:24

Damn it, work came in the way and it's gonna be real hard to meet my deadlines. If at all possible.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#79 » Nov 08 2017 10:29

I’ll join this! Back when 8th was announced I was extremely motivated to get all my Tau painted before release. Sadly I fell short. 1 broadside, a few stealth suits, Fireblade, Ethreal and a handful of drones I think is all there was. I’m now getting back on the wagon and want everything painted by the time our codex drops. I’ve since bought some new stuff and have more to paint.

I just finished my first Coldstar and have a 2nd base coated. My 2nd Stormsurge is also base coated but next on my list is Commander Farsight. Started him tonight and plan on him being finished by Monday, but I’m hoping sooner.

Here are some pics of the Coldstar Commander Snowhawk, and Commander Farsight(WIP)

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#80 » Nov 08 2017 10:54

Also everything looks great!!! The camo Riptide is real nice, as is the Wraithknight( I think) and the Eldar flyer. But the black Devilfish and fireblade are some of my favorites.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#81 » Nov 10 2017 09:27

I managed to sneak those two in:

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#82 » Nov 10 2017 02:58

Moving on to the 'Cuda now...

The upper is now clean and will be starting on the low-vis grey underside, detailing and weathering next week

TwilightFox
Shas'Saal

Post#83 » Nov 10 2017 05:37

Beautiful Stealth Suits, Haechi! I love the highlighting! I'm not confident enough to do a black color scheme like that.

El'mo, I saw that 'Cuda earlier on Facebook today! I thought I recognized your camo pattern! Looks awesome so far!

I've been busy working on my goal as well.

The Drones have been Shaded and given a broad highlight.
The Ethereal has been shaded, and Purple and Orange sections have been given a broad highlight.
The Crisis Suits have been shaded, and Orange sections have been given a broad highlight.

Next step: The Flesh on the Ethereal, and Purple sections on the Crisis.
TwilightFox's Profile (Link)
TwilightFox's Tau Army (Link)

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#84 » Nov 10 2017 06:46

I like the grey-greenish tone of your Ethereal skin.

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#85 » Nov 11 2017 07:56

Wow! Each time I check back on the thread I am inspired by all the great work that's ongoing or completed :biggrin:

Here's my barracuda AX-5-2, more or less done, maybe needing some final touchups. The bottom is just a simple two tone blue, nothing elaborate.

The breacher squad is progressing a little slower, my skill at small parts still leaves a lot to be desired! :sad:

Anyhow, hope everyone meets their deadlines and produces more amazing work for the Greater Good! Cheers!
Ka'ash Sept

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#86 » Nov 11 2017 09:19

Finished Commander Farsight... Other than his base, should be delivered soon! Next project. Getting my 2nd Coldstar painted! I’ll give myself till Friday to get him down!

Plan on doing a mars base for him.

The old fincast commander upgraded to Coldstar

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#87 » Nov 11 2017 11:03

My build concept Stormsurge beside my WiP Broadside conversion. The 'surge will be able to disassemble down to hits lower half, torso, cluster rockets and primary weapon for transport purposes :) I'll snap some images of where I've added magnets next time I get to it!

Edit: uploaded the correct image
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#88 » Nov 11 2017 11:58

@bloodknife. What do you plan to transport the stormsurge. I transport mine in a small box padded with extra plastic bags I had living around. Its cheap but effective. Are you going to magnetize the cannon on and smaller twin linked weapons?

Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#89 » Nov 12 2017 03:13

Working on my KX139 for a tournament on Nov 26. Base is ready and the armor is ready for assembly. I home to have her on full build by Monday and start with the painting with my local store team.

N00bie Wargamer
Army: Fior'Serra Sept Tau 5000 PTS

Ozzie_prime
Shas

Post#90 » Nov 12 2017 12:52

Hello !
This post is very interesting there is plenty of good work !
So I would like to share my progress. :biggrin:

Here is my last minis :

And here is the Barracuda I'm working on

I need to finish some base coat then shading & highlight.

My due date is for the end of the month :fear: :fear: :fear:

Return to “Common Workbench”