Paragons of Orar - Orange Primaris Project (6/17/27: Primaris Primer Problems)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Paragons of Orar - Orange Primaris Project (6/17/27: Primaris Primer Problems)

Post#1 » Jun 16 2017 10:49

Hey guys! I don't have much to show or say at the moment, but I figured I'd go ahead and make this thread for once I have my hands on the models (hopefully this evening!). For now, though, all I have is a concept image and a name: The Paragons of Orar!

Any input on the color scheme would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Orpheus Hangar on Jun 17 2017 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Paragons of Orar - Orange Primaris Project

Post#2 » Jun 17 2017 12:15

As nice as the mew models, I've quickly discovered a couple of things that GW is still doing that really grinds my gears:

1: Putting sprue attachment points in recessed detail or on round surfaces (like the tops of the side vents on Astartes backpacks)
2: Putting mold lines across things like shoulderpads instead of just making the shoulderpad separate. :(

Still, I'm powering through my frustration and Louisiana humidity to try and get the first squad of Intercessors ready for paint. Priming just revealed a few of these flaws, so now I gotta fix those and re-spray, and hope it doesn't fuzz up anymore than it has already. :dead: :facepalm: Does anyone out there have any suggestions for primers/spray paints that do well in high-humidity regions?

EDIT: It fuzzed up. Again. :(

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”