namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
namegiver
Shas

Post#1 » Jan 04 2018 01:24

I think I've decided on a color scheme and paint process, which means it is time to start a build thread! Here's my completed test model:

It's been several years since I've done any figure painting, so it's a bit rough but overall (highlighting is hard! no more caffeine for me...) I think it's a good start. I'm sure I'll show better technique as I get more practiced. I'm satisfied with the colors, though initially wanted a lighter turquoise.

Basing is a simple desert scheme, with the bigger models getting Tyranid corpses and maybe static grass tuft tumbleweeds as flair.

I've started on my Coldstar Commander and hope to have her finished in time for a game this Sunday. I'll post some pics as progress allows.

This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

Post#2 » Jan 04 2018 02:19

Wonderful work- the yellow is excellent, and yellow is of course always a difficult color to paint. Overall the scheme sort of reminds me of a tropical fish! :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

TauGeorge
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 04 2018 03:46

I Like it. Cracking job my friend. I look forward to seeing your Battlesuits in this scheme.

Makes me want to start a thread for my own painting progression.

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jan 04 2018 07:47

That's 2 thumbs up from me! Good job, all I can see now though is tropical fish; which fits the T'au naming scheme :)
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

namegiver
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 04 2018 12:24

Thanks for the kind words. My sept's homeworld is a water world, and I hoped the color scheme would convey something of that... it looks like I was successful :biggrin: The accent color is actually an orange/brown but what with vagaries of digital cameras, light temperature and color profiles I can see how it'd come across as yellow.

The tropical fish comments gave me a smile. One of my other hobbies is keeping marine reef aquaria. Seems I can't get away from colorful little fish ;)

namegiver
Shas

Post#6 » Jan 12 2018 04:23

I didn't make the progress I hoped to this week -- too much hobby time spent watching batreps on Youtube. The Coldstar is coming along, and should be finished this weekend... it's a long weekend here in the US, so I get an extra day to deliver ;)

Until then, here's a pic of my entire army minus the Coldstar and Stormsurge I got for Christmas. Some is second hand and needs some TLC but overall it's ready for the brush:

Return to “Project Logs”