[Review] Paulson Games - Various Mecha Weapons

A collection of model, book and wargame reviews, edited and maintained by members for the community.
MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

[Review] Paulson Games - Various Mecha Weapons

Post#1 » Aug 22 2015 12:53

Paulson Games - Various Mecha Weapons

Item Name:
    Mech Light Autocannon
    Mech Long Rail Gun
    Mech Missile Launcher
    Mecha Commander Head
    Mecha Soldier Head
    Mech Single Laser
    Mech Long Beam Gun

Price: $2-3 per item. I was fortunate to buy these off eBay during a sale and subsequently saved on the price. I also will note that I was shipped a few extras which I found outstanding.

Scale: 54mm

Where Available: http://www.paulson-games.com/mecha_parts___54mm.html

Introduction: Paulson Games has produced a variety of substitute weapons for various 54mm Mecha, as well as many stand alone model kits for the MechaFront brand. Typical of modern standards and style, these well cast parts feature recessed panel detail. Some of the weapons options available on the site allow for different types of mounting depending on whether the user wishes to mount on a shoulder or slung under an arm attachment point.

The Product: I'll let these photos do the talking, as there isn't much to criticize.
Heads:

Missile Launcher:

^When scaled, it is easy to see how minute and excellent the details are.

Long Rail Gun:

Single Laser:

Light Autocannon:

Long Beam Gun:

Usage: These can be used in conjunction with any 54mm Mecha, but we all know where my little arsenal is headed...

Options: As stated earlier, some mech weapons can be purchased with additional structure to be used on shoulder or arm mounts.

Conclusion: I would like to see more from Paulson Games in the future, and I hope to pick up one of the various MechaFront models at some point too. Overall my experience with the resin accessories has been positive, and compared with all other contemporaries these parts stand well above the other options.

Recommended.

Deepstrike
Shas

Re: [Review] Paulson Games - Various Mecha Weapons

Post#2 » Aug 22 2015 03:20

I have a few odds and sods from Paulson as well. I purchased them directly from him previously, and can honestly say the prices you paid sound about right for what I paid directly from him.

That being said, I also fully agree with your assessment of the items you have there as I have several of them as well and they look great on a particular model that we all love to use with our Tau armies. ;-)

Return to “Reviews”