Grim Skull / Wargame Exclusive GREATER GOOD PANAQUE THREE-DRONE SKIMMER

A collection of model, book and wargame reviews, edited and maintained by members for the community.
Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Grim Skull / Wargame Exclusive GREATER GOOD PANAQUE THREE-DRONE SKIMMER

Post#1 » Jan 24 2017 03:09

Product: Wargame Exclusive/Grim Skull's GREATER GOOD PANAQUE THREE-DRONE SKIMMER
https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/greater-good/greater-good-panaque-three-drone-skimmer/

Item: SKU: GG-PT-DS

Price: € 18.99

So, I have loved the models that Grim Skull has designed since I saw them way back. Now that I'm getting back into 40K I thought I'd pick some up to use as Eldar Jetbikes [taking a Windrider Host]. Now first off...these are AWESOME models. The amount of detail, the sharp/crispness of the details and the design over all is phenomenal. The model came in 7 pieces. The main body of the skimmer appears to be the same model used for the single, double, and triple drone. The back has a hole in which an extra or double drone attachment is added.

The pegs in which hold the legs in place also came as separate pieces. The body features the ever infamous over sexualized female rider and has options for a helmeted and helmetless head. This is nice as you'll now have extra heads for your main army.

So...the model doesn't come with a flying stand nor does it have a hole pre-modeled. You'll instead have drill your own. You'll notice there are 2 circles in which the hole should go. Based on the pictures from Wargame Exclusive's site, I calculated they used the first of the 2 holes.

When all done...it is simpley B-E-AUTIFUL!
Booty shot.

Compared to an Eldar Jetbike...the sizes are very close. If using the single drone model...I'd think they were the same size.

All in all....I WILL be getting more of these. I plan to get all of the Greater Good line they offer.

Now...the only one thing I have a problem with is the print lines from the master model when the mold was created. Grim Skull or Wargame Exclusives should have cleaned up and smoothed the print line first before making a master mold.

The lines alone are not enough to deter me from getting more. The end. :P
Last edited by Icknaybob on Jan 25 2017 01:32, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Mayhem
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Grim Skull / Wargame Exclusive GREATER GOOD PANAQUE THREE-DRONE SKIMMER

Post#2 » Jan 24 2017 01:03

How does the size compare with a Tetra or a Piranha?
I'm thinking if you put a BC or FB on the front drone, it might make a reasonable approximation for a piranha, or possibly get a 2 drone version and a gun bike and put them on the same base as a "counts as"

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 24 2017 04:36

Lord Mayhem wrote:How does the size compare with a Tetra or a Piranha?
I'm thinking if you put a BC or FB on the front drone, it might make a reasonable approximation for a piranha, or possibly get a 2 drone version and a gun bike and put them on the same base as a "counts as"

I was thinking about using it as a Piranha as well, but decided to make it an Eldar Vyper (going to modify it a bit).

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jan 25 2017 06:20

I would change the front port to a hard pt of some sort, like the devilfish/skyray/piranha nose. Tau just doesn't use drones in 3's in any of their model range.
For the greater good!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 25 2017 06:31

Macknight wrote:I would change the front port to a hard pt of some sort, like the devilfish/skyray/piranha nose. Tau just doesn't use drones in 3's in any of their model range.

Tau also don't have Jetbikes in any of their model range...

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Jan 25 2017 08:51

Panzer wrote:
Macknight wrote:I would change the front port to a hard pt of some sort, like the devilfish/skyray/piranha nose. Tau just doesn't use drones in 3's in any of their model range.

What is your point? I'm just saying the front port be equipped with the likes of BC or SMS from the hammerhead kit, as drones can detach, and when it does it leaves the jet bike with nothing on the platform; this way it can also stand in as a piranha too.
For the greater good!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jan 25 2017 09:03

Macknight wrote:
Panzer wrote:

What is your point? I'm just saying the front port be equipped with the likes of BC or SMS from the hammerhead kit, as drones can detach, and when it does it leaves the jet bike with nothing on the platform; this way it can also stand in as a piranha too.

My point is that there isn't really a point in having to stick to already existing model designs for a model that doesn't exist anywhere in the fluff nor rules in the first place (outside of artistic choices of course). ;)

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Jan 25 2017 11:41

Panzer wrote:
Macknight wrote:
Panzer wrote:Tau also don't have Jetbikes in any of their model range...

My point is that there isn't really a point in having to stick to already existing model designs for a model that doesn't exist anywhere in the fluff nor rules in the first place (outside of artistic choices of course). ;)

I see, I think there should be some aesthetic that keep the new and the old together in a way that says it's Tau; like the armor design on the hood of the jet bike; I would like to see some more round curves to make it more tau like than it is now.
For the greater good!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jan 25 2017 12:17

Macknight wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Macknight wrote:What is your point? I'm just saying the front port be equipped with the likes of BC or SMS from the hammerhead kit, as drones can detach, and when it does it leaves the jet bike with nothing on the platform; this way it can also stand in as a piranha too.

I see, I think there should be some aesthetic that keep the new and the old together in a way that says it's Tau; like the armor design on the hood of the jet bike; I would like to see some more round curves to make it more tau like than it is now.

I agree, however I think the unmistakingly Pathfinder-ish rider, the attached Drones and the Jetbike armor are doing that just fine on their own already. :D
The model itself is far from perfect (half nude, no round edges, etc) but i guess it's as good a Tau Jetbike as we can get if we don't want to model them ourselves.

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jan 25 2017 01:26

If you're using it as a Piranha, I'd leave the front drone port and modify a drone to carry a burst cannon. The 2 drone ports in the rear can be used to carry standard drones. I feel it does need a lil something extra. A lil more armor/coverage.

Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Jan 25 2017 05:33

Great review. I've been thinking about picking up some of these, and making some fun homebrew for them, along with their weapon bike models. Regular games I'd use them for a drone unit.

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jan 25 2017 06:54

Shas'kamont'yr wrote:Great review. I've been thinking about picking up some of these, and making some fun homebrew for them, along with their weapon bike models. Regular games I'd use them for a drone unit.

I'm picking up 12 of the single drone skimmers and using them as "count as" Eldar Jetbikes for a Windrider Host. I picked up a "Network Hacker" model from them as well to make into the "Warlock" to fill that slot and will probably get the Greater Good Assassin to use as the Farseer.

My brother plays Eldar so I'm stealing the leftover guns from his bikes and will attach them to the drones.

Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#13 » Jan 25 2017 07:09

Icknaybob wrote:
I'm picking up 12 of the single drone skimmers and using them as "count as" Eldar Jetbikes for a Windrider Host. I picked up a "Network Hacker" model from them as well to make into the "Warlock" to fill that slot and will probably get the Greater Good Assassin to use as the Farseer.

My brother plays Eldar so I'm stealing the leftover guns from his bikes and will attach them to the drones.
[/quote]

Interesting, I have their hacker model, amazing. A lot of their sculpts have become named characters in my sept, and have some fun special rules, but count as Fireblades. I think my friends and I decided that she was from the enclaves, half firecaste and half earth caste. She can do repairs on vehicles, and +1 to BS due to her calibrating the equipment of a unit that she joins.

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Jan 27 2017 04:50

Shas'kamont'yr wrote:
Icknaybob wrote:

Interesting, I have their hacker model, amazing. A lot of their sculpts have become named characters in my sept, and have some fun special rules, but count as Fireblades. I think my friends and I decided that she was from the enclaves, half firecaste and half earth caste. She can do repairs on vehicles, and +1 to BS due to her calibrating the equipment of a unit that she joins.[/quote]

Genius. I'm thinking of picking up all their models eventually and make a Space Marine "count as" detachment to count for them having beefier weapons. I'm considering modifing them to hold SM weapon for WYSIWYG.

Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#15 » Jan 28 2017 12:45

Icknaybob wrote:Genius. I'm thinking of picking up all their models eventually and make a Space Marine "count as" detachment to count for them having beefier weapons. I'm considering modifing them to hold SM weapon for WYSIWYG.

Yeah, I just got in more of their figures yesterday :D...one more order and I'll have all their character models.

The cyborg models would be great for your idea though, I think that gives you five or six models to choose from.

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Jan 29 2017 06:32

Shas'kamont'yr wrote:
Icknaybob wrote:Genius. I'm thinking of picking up all their models eventually and make a Space Marine "count as" detachment to count for them having beefier weapons. I'm considering modifing them to hold SM weapon for WYSIWYG.

Yeah, I just got in more of their figures yesterday :D...one more order and I'll have all their character models.

The cyborg models would be great for your idea though, I think that gives you five or six models to choose from.

Cyborg?

Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#17 » Jan 29 2017 03:40

Icknaybob wrote:Cyborg?

Yes, a few of their greater good models are classes as cyborgs. Or they used to be...the gun slinger used to have the tag...but now its big shas, sh'o'gun, and fartaker...on their website just look under the tags area for the specific model

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Jan 31 2017 04:47

Shas'kamont'yr wrote:
Icknaybob wrote:Cyborg?

Yes, a few of their greater good models are classes as cyborgs. Or they used to be...the gun slinger used to have the tag...but now its big shas, sh'o'gun, and fartaker...on their website just look under the tags area for the specific model

That's interesting. I was looking at them and trying to figure out why they're classified as cyborg. Nor all of them have bionics. ::scratches head:: :neutral:

Return to “Reviews”