Crisis of Faith Book

A collection of model, book and wargame reviews, edited and maintained by members for the community.
Dark Hope
Gue'La
Gue'La

Crisis of Faith Book

Post#1 » Jul 13 2017 01:13

New Tau book came out on Saturday, so far I'm loving it. It's actually from the perspective of Farsight, and not the space marines for once. It goes in depth about some of the things the earth and water caste do so lots of cool bits of information there. It takes place right as Farsight is promoted to mission commander and highly recommend it to anyone who lives for the greater good!
If kroot eat orks, doesn't that make them omvivores?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Crisis of Faith Book

Post#2 » Jul 13 2017 01:16

We already have a thread about this book....and you are clearly in the minority with your opinion. ;)
http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25427

Dark Hope
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#3 » Jul 13 2017 02:26

Panzer wrote:We already have a thread about this book....and you are clearly in the minority with your opinion. ;)

Oh, I didn't think a novel thread would be in the library board since that's for user based stories so I didn't bother to check there.

It's not an amazing book by any standard, I'm just happy to have a dedicated Tau novel for once.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 13 2017 02:37

Dark Hope wrote:
Panzer wrote:We already have a thread about this book....and you are clearly in the minority with your opinion. ;)

Oh, I didn't think a novel thread would be in the library board since that's for user based stories so I didn't bother to check there.

It's not an amazing book by any standard, I'm just happy to have a dedicated Tau novel for once.

You sure? I saw you posting this thread in the Library section before posting it here. ;)

Dark Hope
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#5 » Jul 13 2017 12:40

Panzer wrote:You sure? I saw you posting this thread in the Library section before posting it here. ;)

Yeah, I moved it because I posted it there by accident.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#6 » Jul 13 2017 12:49

All good, I see you are offering more of a review - so right forum to post your topic in.

Library is for all books and short fiction, I'll ammend the introduction to be clearer on this :)

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Jul 13 2017 01:20

Dark Hope said
TFW a drone head-butts a terminator to death :crafty:

I've seen that happen back in 4th edition; and I once in 5th edition had a Gun Drone shoot down a Greater Daemon of Khorne. For real!

TauMan
PS "Psst, whatever you do, DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID! Ilphay Ellykay or "he-who-shall-not-be-named" is a traitor to the Tau Empire! Read the other thread or if you like, or send a PM, and I'll send you a list much better BL Tau books.": ;)
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jul 13 2017 01:22

TauMan wrote:
Dark Hope said
TFW a drone head-butts a terminator to death :crafty:

I've seen that happen back in 4th edition; and I once in 5th edition had a Gun Drone shoot down a Greater Daemon of Khorne. For real!

Hah! Still in 7th one of my Sniper Drones headbutted a Ravenguard Deathwatch to death! :D

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jul 13 2017 02:57

First positive score appears on goodreads. It isn’t a good sign. I probably should pull myself together and actually write a review. Ignoring Enemy Of The Empire misgivings is a rational choice, but I’m afraid it has long-term consequences.
If they can’t relocate a competent writer (like Guy Haley) it would be better not to have tau novels at all.

Return to “Reviews”