Impulse wrote:How do the new FAQs impact army building, especially the new Drone rules? (Not-so-disgusting but still resiliant)
It changes a few things:
1. Shield Drones are BACK baby! Decent with XV8s, amazing with Commanders, and amusingly viable as objective-holders.
2. Longstrike buffs himself, making him just that much better.
3. Velocity Trackers are (basically) worthless outside of Broadsides.
4. The Sunshark Bomber is now a bit better.
5. Broadsides are now somewhat viable with their Missile Drones if taken in large groups, but they're still too expensive.
6. Early Warning Override is slightly more viable.
So Longstrike will be even more common, Shield Drones went from zero to hero; expect to see these two units more often. Sunsharks may also become more popular. Also, expect to see people dropping Velocity Trackers from everything. The changes to the EWO and Broadside though won't change anything I think.
Don't worry too much about it. It's just a friggin 500p list. None of your units got nerfed into oblivion so nothing really changed.
They won't change the 500pt list, but if Impulse wants to expand their army in the future, it'll of course be good to be aware of these changes!