Reinventing the Fish of Fury: Tau at 2000 points

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Reinventing the Fish of Fury: Tau at 2000 points

Post#1 » Jan 26 2018 03:53

Over the past several weeks, I've been working on re-working the old concept of the Fish of Fury to the new edition. I'm putting this in Cadre Building rather than Tau Tactics because it will focus around a specific build.

The essential idea of the Fish of Fury is a Devilfish unloading its contents and either destroying or severely weakening a target unit. In the past, this was the province of pulse rifle armed Fire Warriors. In some lists, I've seen Cadre Fireblades and Gun Drones. I argue that an effective combination combines Pathfinders and Breachers.

First, obviously, this has come about because of the ability to put multiple units in an 8th edition transport. In 7th ed, Breachers saw some effectiveness but I think they really shine for new reasons: a) they can advance and still shoot, which is an underestimated strength, especially with the third markerlight result, and b) the 8th ed AP system means they can effectively shoot enemy units like terminators that they couldn't before.

Second, while Pathfinder weapons are quite good (even if the rail rifle is costly), they suffer from getting shot off the board. Deploying in a Devilfish is a way to negate this. I'm aware that they aren't terribly hard to kill, but in the context of a list, it can often be the case that the enemy has other priorities. To that end, let me post my list and discuss it's aspects.

+++++++++++++

Hunter Cadre Fueris
General All Comers, 2000 points

Battalion Detachment: 980 points

HQ – XV84 Commander: 134 points, Warlord Trait: Tenacious Survivor
1x XV84 Commander; 2 Missile Pods; Target Lock
Relic: Puretide Engram Neurochip

HQ – Commander: 141 points
1x Commander; 3 Fusion Blasters; Multi-tracker

Troops – Breacher Team: 48 points
1x Shas'ui; Pulse Blaster; Photon Grenades; Pulse Pistol
5x Shas'ui; Pulse Blaster; Photon Grenades

Fast Attack – Pathfinder Team: 60 points
1x Shas'ui; Pulse Carbine; Markerlight; Photon Grenades; Pulse Pistol
2x Shas'la; Pulse Carbine; Markerlight; Photon Grenades
3x Shas'la; Ion Rifle; Photon Grenades

Dedicated Transport – Devilfish APC: 127 points
1x Devilfish; Burst Cannon; 2 Gun Drones

Vanguard Detachment: 1020 points

HQ – Commander: 141 points
1x Commander; 3 Fusion Blasters; Multi-tracker

Elites – XV9 Hazard Support Team: 133 points
1x Hazard; 2 Double-barrelled Burst Cannons; Advanced Targeting System
4x Shield Drones

4x Shield Drones

4x Shield Drones

Elites – Firesight Marksman: 24 points
1x Firesight Marksman; Markerlight; Pulse Pistol

Fast Attack – XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit: 408 points
1x Y'vahra; Ionic Discharge Cannon; Phased Plasma-flamer; Flechette Pod; Advanced Targeting System; Stimulant Injector

Fast Attack – Tactical Drones: 48 points
6x Shield Drone

+++++++++++++

There are a few general parts to this list. First, the three Devilfish loaded with Pathfinders and Breachers form the core of the army, capturing objectives, moving quickly up the field (I usually advance the Devilfish since all of its weapons are assault) and deploying units as necessary to kill things. Having six units in three transports is surprisingly effective and gives me both large potential board coverage for movement and thus shooting. This is especially true starting on the second turn, when both the enemy and I have really begun to engage. Moving 12+D6" generally allows both the breachers and pathfinders (and attached gun drones!) deploy where the need to. In particular, it allows them to, on battlefields with sufficient terrain, to either get into cover or even get out of Line of Sight of the elements in the enemy that would target them while either capturing an objective or shooting something.

The second set is the XV84 Commander and the Firesight Marksmen. They make an unlikely but useful pair. The commander's two missile pods means he's most likely always going to but a markerlight token on somebody. Since he has a target lock (which he comes with), he can even advance and hit on a 2+, which is a 1/1296 chance to fail to hit anything and not place a markerlight token on an enemy. The marksman is to trigger our strategem. The commander does not have a 'markerlight' and so doesn't. But with re-rolling ones, the marksman hits 7/9 of the time, which is that fine line between it will do it and it will fail when I really need it. While I like saving a CP to reroll the Y'vahra's flamer shots, I'm not above making sure the marksman hits to trigger the strategem (or use the Engram's re-roll if the commander is close enough).

This last point is important because generally the commander and marksman are firing at whatever the breachers and pathfinders are targeting to aid them. At 2+D3 markerlights, I'm *at least* ignoring the penalty for moving/advancing with heavy/assault weapons, which makes the breachers and pathfinders with ion rifles surprisingly scary. Especially the ion rifles. 3D3 shots at Str 8, AP -1 does work. If I feel its necessary, 9D3 shots does even more work. Getting to the third markerlight hit is also important so that the pathfinders with markerlights can help get to five markerlights, which generally means the enemy unit so lit up is going to get annihilated.

For those interested, the chance of getting five markerlights with just the commander and marksman is:
1295/1296 * 7/9 * 1/3 ~ 26%

Of course, the 22% chance the marksman misses even if the commander hits makes is sketchy and has failed, which is why I try to use the PEN re-roll for the marksman. With a general re-roll, the marksman's chance to hit is 8/9.

The third general element is the Y'vahra and the six shield drones. They always start together and I always roll the move and advance for the shield drones first, to see if they can get far enough to support the Y'vahra. Its often not, and a choice does have to be made as to toss the Y'vahra forward and hope, deploy gun drones from the devilfish and hope they don't get shot, or...

Deploy the drop team of the three hazards and two commanders. I used to use the Hazards as a single team until a friend pointed out that they are really good shield drone delivery systems for the Y'vahra. They are also durable themselves and can go after chaff that the Y'vahra probably won't focus on. It makes for a good synergy, especially those moments when the three hazards drop in together, making a wall of 12 shield drones for the opponent to go through.

The commanders are general troubleshooters. Their current configuration is dictated by points, not raw effectiveness. The pair of them, however, are rather efficient. They can reliably kill a dunecrawler hiding away (or some other gun platform). They also present another drop of something that can use Mont'ka and Kauyon. I know they are lackluster compared to other army's command abilities, but they shouldn't be forgotten. Since they can drop in, and do so after movement, you can really position them to use which ever ability you want for next turn. Advancing and shooting at full effectiveness with the Y'vahra has gotten a lot of my opponent's off guard.

This is the general list and the outline for how I use it. Below are some changes (in broad strokes) that I've toyed with:
-Moving some of the hazard shield drones to the fusion commanders to let them be slighly more independent.
-Deploying the breachers and pathfinders asymmetrically (breacher+breacher, pathfinder+pathfinder, breacher+pathfinder transport configuration)
-Dropping a fusion commander to get rail rifles instead of ion rifles
-Dropping a fusion commander to replace the breachers with more pathfinders with special weapons

I also realize that this is a super aggressive list which wants to get close to the enemy. Sadly, that's where all our good weapons are, at 18" or closer. To be clear though, this makes it harder to fight ranged armies. Against ranged armies, I have to be *very cagey.* Against balanced armies, I tend to kill army piecemeal as assault units try to assault and the ranged support isn't as effective. And against melee armies, they often just bounce off the shield drones and get burned by the Y'vahra. I recently played a BA player who was rather put out that all his put out Death Company could do was kill all the shield drones protecting the Y'vahra and then getting flamed off the table.

So what are everyone's thoughts about the army and the playstyle in general? I love comments and criticism even more.

Cheers!

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Reinventing the Fish of Fury: Tau at 2000 points

Post#2 » Jan 26 2018 05:35

Well, what I do with breachers/rr pathfinders, is I load 11 breachers in two squads or a breacher squad of six and a pathfinder squad of five, and then Darkstrider. His buff helps immensely in the close range that breachers operate at and makes them wound on a 2+ against MEQs. I would also instead of the marksman put a drone controller on the xv84 instead of a missile pod, and give him two marker drones or maybe a separate squad of four. The rest of the list looks good.

Tau’va

SniperTau

gunrock
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 29 2018 01:39

Hey! I'm glad to see someone tackling this list. A couple of thoughts:

Pathfinders - I just don't think the ion rifle benefits that much from a transport. First, you're losing the pathfinder vanguard move which is a minor waste, but more importantly the ion rifle already works well at 30'' with it's overcharge profile without needing some way to get into rapid fire range. Having them stuck in a transport ends up losing first turn shooting which with vanguard+30'' you can easily take advantage of. The alternative, rail rifles benefits considerably from being in rapid fire range, but are usually considered too expensive to load in a devilfish, and furthermore the devilfish doesn't seem to do that great of a job of protecting them once the disembark.

Commanders - I wouldn't take them in multi-tracker configuration in such low numbers. There's a couple scenarios where it's alright in a full commander list with no marker light support, or in low point games where again you don't have marker lights. Basically, it works out that 4x QFC is always marginally more ppw efficient then multi-tracker, and a lot more efficient with a markerlight. So if you add any number of markerlight use QFC. Even if you never get to shoot at something marked you're still on par with multi-tracker. The other rationalization is if instead of taking 3 QFC take 4 commanders with multi-tracker for the extra wounds + shield drones with the same overall firepower.

The XV84 is an interesting alternative marker light solution. My only gripe with that setup is that missile pod on it's own without ATS is just really bad, in that most multi-damage targets are going to have high armor, and MP is terrible against infantry. Being able to guarantee a mark for your commanders is great (and another reason to run QFC), but the XV-84 doesn't do much offensively on its own. Comparatively, weight it against running 17 more pathfinders which will produce more hits on multiple targets. XV84 can be good, but I think its best in a pretty narrow range of lists that can afford to make a 134 point marker light worth it compared to a conventional route.

A more general thought is that using drones+fish is a good way to get a bunch of drones forward fort he Y'Vahra. When running XV-9 I think they're the second or 3rd best candidates for fitting a drone controller (with XV-8 and stealth suits), and the best drone delivery platform. With a drone controller they'd synergize well with a dronefish+fireblade.
All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; Unto the place whither the rivers go, Thither they go again.

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Jan 29 2018 08:17

gunrock wrote:Hey! I'm glad to see someone tackling this list. A couple of thoughts:

Thanks for your comments! I'll tackle them sequentially.

Pathfinders: The main reason they are in the Devilfish is to protect them first turn. My meta has a lot of variable deployment things, fast movers and in general ways to kill pathfinders quickly. And so the strategy has become to deploy them and get three markerlights on the target to ignore the penalty for moving and shooting. And surprisingly, the devilfish does do a good job of protecting them by assaulting the scary things. Unless the unit has high S, 3+ damage attacks, I'm usually ok with charging something to stop them from charging and/or shooting the pathfinders (or anything else). With three of them, and with the speed of the devilfish, it works surprisingly well.

Commanders: I agree with your points about the QFC. It's honestly simply a question of max points. If you can suggest a way to get to QFCs instead of two tri-fusion commanders, I'm all for it. I'm just not sure what to get rid of.

XV84: I don't expect it to do much offensively. I really am just using it as a really reliable and mobile way to get one markerlight token onto a target. If it does damage, bonus. (I also just like the model.) I do understand your concern about the efficiency though. It has the most limited functionality in my army. (Although since this model is my Warlord, staying alive, which he does well by being tough staying at range, is his other job.)

I'm a bit confused by your last comment, though. The XV9s are bringing in shield drones. The only gun drones I have are the ones that incidentally come with the devilfish.

Cheers!

gunrock
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 30 2018 04:09

shasocastris wrote:
gunrock wrote:Hey! I'm glad to see someone tackling this list. A couple of thoughts:

Thanks for your comments! I'll tackle them sequentially.

Pathfinders: The main reason they are in the Devilfish is to protect them first turn. My meta has a lot of variable deployment things, fast movers and in general ways to kill pathfinders quickly. And so the strategy has become to deploy them and get three markerlights on the target to ignore the penalty for moving and shooting. And surprisingly, the devilfish does do a good job of protecting them by assaulting the scary things. Unless the unit has high S, 3+ damage attacks, I'm usually ok with charging something to stop them from charging and/or shooting the pathfinders (or anything else). With three of them, and with the speed of the devilfish, it works surprisingly well.

Commanders: I agree with your points about the QFC. It's honestly simply a question of max points. If you can suggest a way to get to QFCs instead of two tri-fusion commanders, I'm all for it. I'm just not sure what to get rid of.

XV84: I don't expect it to do much offensively. I really am just using it as a really reliable and mobile way to get one markerlight token onto a target. If it does damage, bonus. (I also just like the model.) I do understand your concern about the efficiency though. It has the most limited functionality in my army. (Although since this model is my Warlord, staying alive, which he does well by being tough staying at range, is his other job.)

I'm a bit confused by your last comment, though. The XV9s are bringing in shield drones. The only gun drones I have are the ones that incidentally come with the devilfish.

I see how it makes sense within the logic of the list as your aiming to minimize leaving any infantry exposed on the opening turn and your footprint to the Y'Vhara, shield drones, and transports.

I hit a similar en-passe. Your list is already very tight and maintains a nice symmetry of threes that I wouldn't want to compromise unless reducing it down to a paired list. I can't help but to want to add those 2 extra fusion blasters and 4 shield drones. Especially with the xv84 you might as well get that max damage. I think I was just worried that the xv84 would only really be sufficient to support one wing of your units, either the commanders or the XV-9's, before you have access to your pathfinders.

In my other comment I was suggesting another possible devilish setup if you wanted to move away from pathfinders in a fish (which I think are a implicit theme of this list). I don't think it's so essential, the 12 shield drones delivered by the xv-9 are probably sufficient, but drones + fish is another way to support the fast moving Y'Vahra, and you already have a 3rd xv-9 slot that seemed slightly flexible. The shield drone build your proposing requires less support than anything involving a DC.
All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; Unto the place whither the rivers go, Thither they go again.

FrogPrince
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jan 30 2018 02:31

Have you thought about swapping in a Strike Team unit for each Pathfinder Team inside the Devilfish. This way when they disembark, the Breachers can get in close, the Strike Team set up behind in Rapid Fire range and the Pathfinders who set up normally outside of the Devilfish can use their Scout Move (sorry forgot the exact name) to get within range for their Markerlights and/or Special Weapons to provide secondary cover. Once the surviving Breachers fall back, the Strike Team can move back a little if need be, but either way, can shot at the enemy that tied up the Breachers and the Pathfinders can again provide additional support with Markerlights or Special Weapons. It would layer up the fire ranges nicely I think.

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jan 30 2018 03:16

I have recently used a similar list (2 10x man Breachers, Darkstrider, and Fish), and it's been super effective at dictating where the battle takes place. Most CC players can't resist trying to get into CC with Firewarriors on foot.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Shas'o P'ikle R'ik
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 14 2018 04:20

I myself love the Devilfish, and am a history buff currently going through a Vietnam-era phase.
I spent ages mulling this over, and came to the conclusion that Devilfish are much like Black Hawk helicopters (albeit with a chin-mounted turret): Not exorbitant but a bit of a costly way to insert 12 troops, with two detachable drones filling the role of the much exhalted door gunners. This is actually why I picked T'au again for 8th. AIR CAV!
Therefore, the troops being carried should be well worth it. However, finding these troops is much more fickle than one might think:
Pulse Rifles have the best range, but require a Fireblade for those juicy 15" triple shots.
Pulse Blasters have been affirmed by many sources to be completely acceptable to pack in a Devilfish. The only drawback is Breacher's lack of range.
Pulse Carbines are great for drones and only drones, but you cant truly aim a gun drone thanks to their TIP.

So in order to fill the requirements of a decent assault APC carrying a deadly load of troops, I came up with this layout that is cost effective and theoretically functional in combat.

1x Devilfish, Burst Cannon, 2x Gun Drones - (127)
5x Breachers, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol), 2x Gun Drones - (56)
5x Fire Warriors w/ Pulse Rifles, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol) - (40)
(223)

This is a decent amount of troops with flexibility for multiple roles, which will be covered in a moment. This loadout covers all ranges thoroughly, but can be synergized with more units to be laid out with some really tasty bonuses for cheapies!

I wanted an "Air Calvalry" list, so I built my whole army around this layout. I took 3 of them, then supported them with a "Command Devilfish" layout containing two 5-man Strike Teams and two Fireblades, as well as 2x 4x CIB Commander w/ 2x Gun Drones for escort/fire support. In order to give the Devilfish the ability to ignore cover, I took a Recon Drone for each of my Pathfinder teams, so the core of my list looks like this--

1x Commander, 4x CIB, 2x Gun Drones-- (164)
1x Fireblade w/ Markerlight-- (42)
1x Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Gun Drones-- (127)
5x Breachers, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol), 2x Gun Drones-- (56)
5x Fire Warriors w/ Pulse Rifles, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol)-- (40)
3x Pathfinders w/ Pulse Carbines, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol), 2x Pathfinders w/ Rail Rifles, 1x Recon Drone-- (90)
3x Pathfinders w/ Pulse Carbines, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol), 2x Pathfinders w/ Rail Rifles, 1x Recon Drone-- (90)
3x Pathfinders w/ Pulse Carbines, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol), 2x Pathfinders w/ Ion Rifles, 1x Recon Drone-- (60)
1x Longstrike w/ Railgun, 2x Gun Drones, 2x Seeker Missiles-- (201)
1x Hammerhead w/ Railgun, 2x Gun Drones, 2x Seeker Missiles-- (181)
*Note that in order to get benefits from embarked Recon Drones, Devilfish/Pathfinder teams should be placed near each other during deployment, then removed from the Devilfish only when the APC is about to die.

With this layout, you have--
2 S10 AP-6 DD6 shots at 72"
8 S6 AP-4 DD3 shots at 30"--15 from Rail Rifles, 16 shots at 15"
8 S7 AP-1 D1 shots at 30"--15" from Ion Rifles 16 shots at 15"
16 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9", 24 at 9" if near Fireblade
25 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 30"--15" from Strike Teams, 75 at 15" and closing if within 6" of a Fireblade;
48 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9" ignoring cover from the Devilfish, 64 shots at 9" if within 6" of a Fireblade;
24 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9" from the Breachers' drones, 36 at 9" within 6" of a Fireblade;
24 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9" from Pathfinders when not using Markerlights, 36 at 9" if within 6" of a Fireblade;
30 S6 AP-2 D1 shots at 5" and closing from those Breachers.

This means you have a Minimum Shot Maximum of about 170, and a Maximum of about 273 if you have a fully buffed army. When using this layout, get into your enemy's face and try to shoot as much as possible within your first turn. Use your Devilfish as if they're expendable and to tie down other enemy units. Be aggressive!

Zanotam
Shas

Post#9 » Feb 19 2018 12:09

Shas'o P'ikle R'ik wrote:I myself love the Devilfish, and am a history buff currently going through a Vietnam-era phase.
I spent ages mulling this over, and came to the conclusion that Devilfish are much like Black Hawk helicopters (albeit with a chin-mounted turret): Not exorbitant but a bit of a costly way to insert 12 troops, with two detachable drones filling the role of the much exhalted door gunners. This is actually why I picked T'au again for 8th. AIR CAV!
Therefore, the troops being carried should be well worth it. However, finding these troops is much more fickle than one might think:
Pulse Rifles have the best range, but require a Fireblade for those juicy 15" triple shots.
Pulse Blasters have been affirmed by many sources to be completely acceptable to pack in a Devilfish. The only drawback is Breacher's lack of range.
Pulse Carbines are great for drones and only drones, but you cant truly aim a gun drone thanks to their TIP.

So in order to fill the requirements of a decent assault APC carrying a deadly load of troops, I came up with this layout that is cost effective and theoretically functional in combat.

1x Devilfish, Burst Cannon, 2x Gun Drones - (127)
5x Breachers, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol), 2x Gun Drones - (56)
5x Fire Warriors w/ Pulse Rifles, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol) - (40)
(223)

This is a decent amount of troops with flexibility for multiple roles, which will be covered in a moment. This loadout covers all ranges thoroughly, but can be synergized with more units to be laid out with some really tasty bonuses for cheapies!

I wanted an "Air Calvalry" list, so I built my whole army around this layout. I took 3 of them, then supported them with a "Command Devilfish" layout containing two 5-man Strike Teams and two Fireblades, as well as 2x 4x CIB Commander w/ 2x Gun Drones for escort/fire support. In order to give the Devilfish the ability to ignore cover, I took a Recon Drone for each of my Pathfinder teams, so the core of my list looks like this--

3x Pathfinders w/ Pulse Carbines, (1x Shas'ui w/ Pistol), 2x Pathfinders w/ Ion Rifles, 1x Recon Drone-- (60)
1x Longstrike w/ Railgun, 2x Gun Drones, 2x Seeker Missiles-- (201)
1x Hammerhead w/ Railgun, 2x Gun Drones, 2x Seeker Missiles-- (181)
*Note that in order to get benefits from embarked Recon Drones, Devilfish/Pathfinder teams should be placed near each other during deployment, then removed from the Devilfish only when the APC is about to die.

With this layout, you have--
2 S10 AP-6 DD6 shots at 72"
8 S6 AP-4 DD3 shots at 30"--15 from Rail Rifles, 16 shots at 15"
8 S7 AP-1 D1 shots at 30"--15" from Ion Rifles 16 shots at 15"
16 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9", 24 at 9" if near Fireblade
25 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 30"--15" from Strike Teams, 75 at 15" and closing if within 6" of a Fireblade;
48 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9" ignoring cover from the Devilfish, 64 shots at 9" if within 6" of a Fireblade;
24 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9" from the Breachers' drones, 36 at 9" within 6" of a Fireblade;
24 S5 AP0 D1 shots at 18"--9" from Pathfinders when not using Markerlights, 36 at 9" if within 6" of a Fireblade;
30 S6 AP-2 D1 shots at 5" and closing from those Breachers.

This means you have a Minimum Shot Maximum of about 170, and a Maximum of about 273 if you have a fully buffed army. When using this layout, get into your enemy's face and try to shoot as much as possible within your first turn. Use your Devilfish as if they're expendable and to tie down other enemy units. Be aggressive!

So I worked out my own list before reading this post, but mine goes part-way between the quoted list and OP's. I run pathfinders with RAIL rifles and 3 drones alongside 5 breachers to fill out 2 devilfish which I think is similar in idea to what the quoted poster wanted but looks more like what Op actually took. At the same time, I field 2 squads of 10 kroot and 2 squads of 6 stealth suits. Finally I field the Y'vahra , xv84, and firesight trio like in OP, but my only additions to it for potential deep strike (versus scout move and infiltrate) is a single Tri-Cyclic commander. The idea is that you can seize some serious board control
(denying deep strike locations, taking objectives, and providing potential drone support no matter where you move the y'vahra!) and then actually stand at least a chance of holding it until you start wiping your opponent off the board with the y'vahra by using the stealth suits and kroot together. Lastly, or rather the last I'll mention at least, the devilfish can tehn potentially coach around up to 5 drones at a time with 3 starting embarked from pathfinders and 2 starting embarked by default! ANyways, here is my own take on this idea of Fish of Fury at 2k Points.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [97 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ Dedicated Transport +

TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

+ HQ +

Commander in XV84 Crisis battlesuit [7 PL, 150pts]: Exemplar of the Kauyon, 2x Missile pod, 2x MV4 Shield Drone, Target lock, Warlord

Commander [7 PL, 146pts]: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, MV4 Shield Drone

+ Elites +

Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 24pts]: Markerlight

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [13 PL, 284pts]: Homing beacon, 2x MV4 Shield Drone
. 4x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 4x Advanced targeting system, 4x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Fusion blaster: Fusion blaster, Shield generator
. Stealth Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon
. . Markerlight + Target Lock: Markerlight, Target lock

. 4x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 4x Advanced targeting system, 4x Burst cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [5 PL, 125pts]: MB3 Recon Drone, 2x MV4 Shield Drone
. Pathfinder: Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 3x Rail rifle

XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit [20 PL, 408pts]: Advanced targeting system, Stimulant injector

+ Troops +

Breacher Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. 4x Fire Warrior
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol

. 4x Fire Warrior
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol

Kroot Carnivores [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Kroot

Kroot Carnivores [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Kroot

++ Total: [97 PL, 2000pts] ++

The nice thing about this version of the list is that it works fine at 1750 points I think with the Y'vahra, firesight, and tri-cyclic being replaced by Aun-shi, a fireblade, and a ghostkeel in my personal version of the list (where Aun'shi adds some punch to the melee threat the kroot already represent as well as an ethereal for potential FNP saves wherever he ends up and then a fireblade because this all fits in a single battallion the way I"m running it and so I needed to free up an elite slot for a ghost keel). the list is as follows (At least the version i whipped up really quickly):

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [86 PL, 1749pts] ++

+ Dedicated Transport +

+ HQ +

Aun'Shi [4 PL, 68pts]

Cadre Fireblade [3 PL, 50pts]: Markerlight, MV4 Shield Drone

Commander in XV84 Crisis battlesuit [7 PL, 150pts]: Exemplar of the Kauyon, 2x Missile pod, 2x MV4 Shield Drone, Target lock, Warlord

+ Elites +

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 209pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cyclic ion raker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator

+ Fast Attack +

+ Troops +

. 4x Fire Warrior