Fue'Gel [Custom Sept/Cadre]

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Lil_misfit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Fue'Gel [Custom Sept/Cadre]

Post#1 » Jul 17 2017 12:27

Hello Fellow Tau!

I wanted to post a little bit about the custom Sept I've been working on. Now this isn't the miniatures, this is the lore behind them. Now if it's frowned upon to create your own custom Sept (like it has been in other tau forums) then you can delete this post if needed but I've had fun writing various stories and the like for this faction which I think I'll be posting to this... post.

Lets get started shall we?

"Fue'gel, the isolated sept far away from the Tau Empire's borders. During one of the great expansions a T'au fleet began to head towards the planet simply known as 'Habitable Planet 190'. Upon reaching their they met bitter resistance by the Orks who had masked their presence on the planet making the Initial Contact a brutal one. Leading this T'au fleet was a young Aun who the etherals sent out for his first taste of command, be that a difficult first taste. As the battle raged on 'Planet 190' the orks surprised the T'au fleet floating above the planet desamating it with ground to space guns and suicide ships. Hope seemed lost for the T'au as they felt the planet itself was a death trap. The planet was covered in a gray sand whose mountains gave a stark contrast being made of reds, browns and various other hues showing their richness of ore. Even the weather itself was an oddity of harsh winds and the occasional gentle rain. Below the planet's surface lay a network of natural tunnels and caverns that the T'au had to adapt to for their combat with the orks. The carbine and blaster became common tools of combat for the fire warriors as skirmishes under ground took place daily. There was a slight glimmer of hope, many months into the combat on the unnamed planet the earth caste were able to contact a nearby Vior'la fleet. They came to help but met the same fate as the T'au did and became trapped together. The young Aun united his people and years of harsh combat followed until the last remaining tribes of orks left the planet but little did they know they had been forgotten, no erased, from records at the decree of the Ethereals. Such a defeat couldn't get to the public and the Aun was recorded as deceased. Years later a small exploratory fleet rediscovered Planet 190 and landed on the surface shocked to be greeted by their own kind who told them they had arrived on the planet Fue'gel. Little did those of this lonely planet know they would soon face a harsh reintroduction into T'au society..."

So that is a little summary giving hints towards some stories I've already written about this new Sept. I've tried to keep some things vague so that I can adapt this towards the changing codexes but tell me what you think and I'll soon get some of the stories posted I've written!

-lil_misfit

:)
Most of my stuff is here!

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Fue'Gel [Custom Sept/Cadre]

Post#2 » Jul 17 2017 01:27

Lil_misfit wrote:
The planet was covered in a gray sand whose mountains gave a stark contrast being made of reds, browns and various other hues showing their richness of ore.

Err...what colours should they be??? Because the Farsight Enclaves are Already a red colour. My thinking is that you meant them to have armour matching the terrain for camoflauge. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
ST returns in 4 days. Live long and Prosper ATT. And prepare to return to the Final Frontier.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jul 17 2017 02:41

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:
Lil_misfit wrote:
The planet was covered in a gray sand whose mountains gave a stark contrast being made of reds, browns and various other hues showing their richness of ore.

Err...what colours should they be??? Because the Farsight Enclaves are Already a red colour. My thinking is that you meant them to have armour matching the terrain for camoflauge. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Tau wouldn't develop camouflage for an entire planet, but rather one based on a the theater of war. If the planet is grey and sandy, and the mountains have a number of reddish-brown colors, then we would assume that grey would be the proper color for camouflage there.

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 17 2017 04:19

Looking forwards to more fluff. What you have so far is good, it will give your cadre a distinct flavour as to my knowledge there has not been an underground war, although there has been one underwater. Many conversions could be made from that.

Keep up the good work.

Tau'va

Sniper

Lil_misfit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Aug 05 2017 02:17

It has been a while but I have been working on my army and its lore! So far here is what I've made "final" or I guess "canon" in the lore. There have been a few important phases in history that lead to the T'au founding of Fue'gel.

Initial Contact: This will describe the T'au's first encounter with the unknown planet and how one T'au fleet and a Vior'la fleet ended up crashing onto the planet. First encounter with their enemy, the Orks.

War against the Green Menace: This will be a long period of time where the now disconnected T'au are trying to gather forces together and fight the Orks that inhabit the planet. It will tell the rise of the "famous" heroes to be and the many tragedies during the war.

Prosperity: This is after the Orks have been defeated and the Ethereal, Aun Kauyon Shi, uniting the tau of the planet. Discusses how many years of development happen and some of the planet's secrets unveiled.

Man Kind's Iron Boot: This is a unique story as it is currently "evolving" but an Imperial Commander leading an exploratory fleet, with a bit of his own story, finds the planet after they are extremely low on supplies. The T'au and humans begin negotiations as war between them happens in other parts of the planet. I will be playing out the battles with my army vs the imperial guard army I'm building for my dad. That way I don't even know the story and cool heroes might be made out of it!

(More phases might happen)

Reconnecting: This will be the phase where they reconnect with the main T'au empire and learn what has changed in the hundreds of years. But it will also describe the feelings the Empire has towards these "outsider" tau.

Let me know what you think! I'll be posting pictures of my army soon so you can see what the color scheme and armor is like as you read my future stories.
Most of my stuff is here!

Return to “Library”