Laserburn 2009@ warhammer world.

Battles and discussion of tactics from the earliest days of our Academy.
Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Laserburn 2009@ warhammer world.

Post#1 » Sep 02 2009 11:28

Greatings fellow commanders,

Monday 31st of August, I took part in the first Planetstrike tournament, Laserburn.
The tournament was run by the Tempus Fugitives gaming club at Warhammer world, which was proberly the best venue that I've played in (unsurprisingly :) ).
After a 3 hour coach journey as we approached our destination this is what we were greeted by.

This is actually the offices of Games workshop
Then as we went into the gaming hall and we were met by this fellow.
Followed by as we reached the top of the stairs this little guy.

The main hall seemed a little smaller than we imagined but we was at the centre of the Warhammer universe itself, so we didn't care :) .

And this was the most welcoming of sights after a long journey. the legendary Bugmans Bar

The Games Workshop store within the gaming hall, where you can purchase pretty much what you want ( they was out of stock of Craters lol ) aswell as Forgeworld products that they get shipped over for you to collect the same day :) . I didn't have much money so all I bought was a flying stand for my Barracuda.

This is my force that I had to split into 1000pts units for Attacking and Defending.
My team mates StormGuard's attacking force
My entire task force ( not the Kroot )

With our forces ready , the 1st game was the 1st mission in the planetstrike book and the heroic Tau force's were up against Blood Angels and Imperial Guard.
some of their vehicles that they had to play with. luckily on a couple made it onto the table.
This was taken before the firestorm, of which we had 11 to roll for :) Good dice !
this was after .
The guy with the power sword in the top left section is Mephiston, he got a railgun shot for his troubles in the second round :biggrin:
Then our forces with the help of our spotter Scrat
we started our deepstriking safe in the knowledge that we get a reroll because of our spotter .

More to follow.

A Cockpit eyes view of the battle.
Last edited by Brokensword on Jan 07 2012 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

StormGuard
Shas

Re: Laserburn 2009@ warhammer world.

Post#2 » Sep 02 2009 03:23

That Firestorm was certainly fun to roll for, and I really didn't expect to roll that high either, good old scorched skys.
And it was funny when Mephiston got Railguned. :)

But I feel I have to say a big thankyou to Scrat, our faithfull Spotter and Mascot, especialy seeing as at least one of my units would have suffered a deepstrike misshap otherwise, and I deepstriked everything I had as follows.

Shas'o.
10x Vespid.
2 Lots of 6x Stealth suits.
20x Kroot with shaper, 6x Kroot hounds, and a Krootox.

Ah, it was fun indeed.
SG.
Is it a bird, Is it a plane, No its a Drone Squadron.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Laserburn 2009@ warhammer world.

Post#3 » Jan 07 2012 05:44

I've found a couple of other pictures i have of the Planetstrike tournament me and Storm Guard entered.

For our second Game we were the defenders, our tactic was for area denial, we set our Bastions in each corner of the short edge. We aranged the scenery to our advantage, and filled the in between area's with objects that would hinder deepstriking units, which helped us when a 10 man Terminator squad tried, they failed their roll and we got to place the unit on the other side of the board.

The Laser wire could've been placed better as you can see the enemy placed their Bastion right next to ours!

We took an Ethereal to bolster the troops, as well as to man the Quad Autocannon seeing as he has BS4 it was a no brainer.

The Large Kroot force 20 + 6 hounds deployed in the woods giving them a 3+ cover save

It was the last turn, and the game was already won after my Barracuda had swooped in and annialated the last Rhino and cleared their bastion of troops. So for Funzies Storm Guard's Kroot stormed the 2nd Terminator squad that made it onto the table, 2 Terminators, 6 kroot later the game ended with a victory to the Tau.

Apologies for the Picture quality.

Return to “Archival Datacore”