I don't know that I can offer too much in the way of advice against heavily competitive DE, but I can offer a few pointers I have found useful in the past against them.
1) Stealth Suits seem to work against them. JSJ against their transports after infiltrating in. Keep the unit about four models, giving a decent chance to take down one of their fast transports. If the DE charge the suits, remember that they will count as having been assaulted in cover.
2) No Kroot. You just get tempted to rush or speed bump, which is what the DE player wants.
3) Prioritise - If you take a hammerhead, make sure each shot it takes counts as it may not get another. SMS and the upgrade allowing you to split its fire is useful here, as you can go for a tank and some infantry, a pair of tanks, or a couple of infantry squads. Also, make sure you take out the fastest stuff first. A Talos may seem a tempting target, but it is both hard and slow, so can be left alone for a little while.
4) I haven't tried this, but Sniper Drones would work here as either anti-Incubus or anti-tank. The stealth field seems to annoy them for some reason.
5) Probably leave the DF at home, unless you want to run Warfish as flank harassment from behind cover. Whatever you do, 30" FW shooting is your friend (and his skimmer's enemy!).
6) HQ. Destroy the inevitable transport and then just stay out of charge range. Remember the annoying 2+ Inv the lord can get, and also that once he fails the Inv save it is gone.
7) DE may well be one of the few armies against which pinning has a chance of working. A squad of gund drones working with your pathfinders would use this to your advantage, as can anything with a rail rifle.
Ok, on to your list.
I would say drop the broadsides, as one RG shot against AV 11 or 12 is not really that great. IMHO, a hammerhead would be of more use here due to its flexibility and move-and-shoot SMS.
I would also advise dropping the AFP on the commander for a MP, and swapping the Kroot for more FW (S5 guns make a lot of difference here as they can drop his skimmers!).
Not really sure about the Pathfinders, as I don't tend to use them. My thought is that this may be too many points in one place (nearly one fifth of your force), and you may be better served by DSing JSJ gun drones, or yet again more FW.
Make sure you keep your units out of fange of a lucky masacre move, as you don't want them rolling up your line. Don't try to be more mobile than them, as it won't work. They will likely have more skimmers and tanks than you, so use it to your advantage - without a transport, DE are really slow and fragile (except Incubi, but that's a different story).
Hope this is of some use, and good luck with the game!
Last edited by Mal'Caor
on Feb 11 2008 11:04, edited 1 time in total.