Frontier: The Highest Wall

A shared universe of Tau stories, created by ATT posters.
CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Frontier: The Highest Wall

Post#73 » Jul 27 2017 06:50

Ah good, the story goes on!
Waiting for the next decision point... :smile:
Ka'ash Sept

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#74 » Aug 11 2017 11:41

Just for you

A Manta class dropship was designed to hold an entire Cadre, deliver them into combat and support them indefinitely in any theater of war. To see one so completely empty like this seemed wrong. The only source of illumination came from a glow globe Juu'oh held up, revealing the stripped interior. There were no XV housing frames, no support pods, everything had been removed down to the hull plating.

Reaching the edge of the upper muster deck, Juu'oh pointed his fist down and angled the beam to reveal a lone containment unit. Cables bunched around its surface leading to panels into the Manta just beneath it. To Noh'luun it looked like an egg sitting atop a nest.

"There it is." Juu'oh muttered activating his commlink and tossing the glow globe to Noh'luun who caught it with both hands. "We have discovered the Fragment; retrieving."

They made it down via a rope Nel tied to a guardrail and approached the pod, pulse pistols drawn. Noh'luun made out several markings on the side of the pod and then astonishingly, the Kel'shani Sept symbol. He lowered his pistol.

"What is that?" He marched forward ahead of the Pioneers.

"Shas'la! Cation!" Juu'oh hissed but Noh'luun was tired of not knowing, frustrated with his uncertainty and no longer willing to follow his Castemates blindly.

Stepping on the lip of the pod he looked into the small portal to peer inside.

There is a prowling monster that stalks us amongst the darkness between the stars just as our forebears hunted the preybeasts of old, it is only through their annihilation that we can find a measure of peace

There is a darkness within, an untamed monster that only by the light of Reason the Tau'va offers a measure of control so that we might resist the dangers of the Galaxy
~Good Hunting

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#75 » Aug 12 2017 05:19

Calmsword wrote:There is a prowling monster that stalks us amongst the darkness between the stars just as our forebears hunted the preybeasts of old, it is only through their annihilation that we can find a measure of peace
There is a darkness within, an untamed monster that only by the light of Reason the Tau'va offers a measure of control so that we might resist the dangers of the Galaxy

Okay, I am first to admit I don't really understand either one of these options. But option one sounds like it will end the story quicker than option two.

I have to go with option one - kill the snae'ta thing! :dead:

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#76 » Aug 12 2017 11:25

I would say option two. I don't understand these either, but two sounds cooler. :D
I would say they aren't meant to be understood.

Tau'va

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#77 » Aug 13 2017 06:42

Eh... Is that a contained Daemon of some sort?

I'll go with Option 2, feels closer to my view of the T'au.
Ka'ash Sept

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#78 » Aug 21 2017 01:59

Can someone explain why I'm getting a 505 error on this post?
~Good Hunting

Return to “Into Silence”