Advanced Tactical Applications Cadre

Discuss home-brewed rules and units with fellow Earth caste engineers.
Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Advanced Tactical Applications Cadre

Post#1 » Apr 09 2017 10:41

So, this is a placeholder thread for a project I've been dealing with on and off for the last few years.

The Advanced Tactical Applications Cadre, or ATAC is my own little in universe catch-all for all the various experimental units, formations and detachments I've scribbled into notebooks since our 6th Edition codex dropped.

I hope to fill this thread with fluff, wargear and new units. Unfortunately I don't have the time for model making or the skill to illustrate what I am creatign at this time, but anyone who wants to use my efforts for inspiration is free to go ahead and do so.

I also hope to get criticism that will polish my ideas into fun, fluffy and functional tabletop units.

So watch this space, there is more to come.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Advanced Tactical Applications Cadre

Post#2 » Apr 10 2017 05:53

Look forward to it :D

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Apr 23 2017 08:11

And of course 8th is about to launch.

Looks like I'll be putting up the fluff only version for now, then looking at the 8th rules and seeing how much I want to try to adapt to them.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#4 » Apr 24 2017 06:29

Fair approach, big shake up ahead.

Latest art from GW has a Chaos space tear at our doorstep, super convenient :D

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Post#5 » Jun 03 2017 10:05

The leaks have been exciting, but also somewhat disappointing on bringing this project to life.

Interestingly, many of the ideas I'd been tossing around the last few years are showing up. Stuff like rail weapons causing multiple wounds, tougher and more mobile broadsides firing multiple shots from their heavy rail rifles, firesight marksmen as inependant characters...

This both invalidates a lot of the stuff I was working on, but makes me feel better that I was headed in the right direction.

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jun 03 2017 10:27

I have been rolling some ideas around in my head regarding tactical and strategic holes, as well as what may be obvious next steps in technology. Also I really like the idea of a cadre specific to testing concepts and weapons of war. I am still designing my Sept, but I am for sure going to designate a portion of it as an ATAC.

Return to “Experimental Rules Lab”