Duredhel

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Duredhel
Shas'Vre

Duredhel

Post#1 » Apr 14 2010 01:50

Real first name: Juan Diego

Age and gender: Male, 23

Location: Argentina.... or Peru... or the States... depending on the time of the year.

Occupation: Illustrator/Student, studying to get my second degree in Palermo University in Argentina.

How did you get into wargaming?
Probably from RTS games, I made my first tactical strategy board game when I was in 3rd grade, using D6s and squared paper. In fact I'm developing a wargame with the Peruvian strategy games league, Yawarhammer, based on Latin American (Inca, Nazca, etc) mythology.

How did you get into Tau?
Love at first sight. As an illustrator I can honestly say they have one of the most awesome designs in WH40k. Bauhaus would've been proud of the Tau, they look like something cohesive instead of just cobbled together from a bunch of references like the other 40k races.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
I know because it happened to me. Even more so than range and power, mobility is your friend. I liked gunline and people told me I should have played IG, but it was too late, I was in love with Tau.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Same as my avatar, black and bright green, think classic Necrons. In fact, the Necron connection is part of their fluff. Unfortunately my cadre is back in Peru and I won't be back home till at least december... (I'm Peruvian but go to school in Argentina)

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Haven't been a member for long, found it while looking for help with Tau strategies and the sort. (kept getting my ass kicked back when I played gunline Tau)

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Been using this username since I, as many people refer to me by it as they do by my real name nowadays.

Have you reviewed the ATT Member Primers?
Yup.

Where and how often do you usually play?
I play at the Peruvian Strategy Games League, Yawarhammer. The average member has been playing upwards of 10 years there (very few people play WH and 40k in Peru, but the ones that do are hardcore) so I'm considered an utter new person. Unfortunately I can only play 3 months out of the year, since I spend the rest of the time in Argentina and its too complicated to bring my 40k stuff with me every time I come back to school.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Nope, was looking into AT43, but I want to focus on making my Tau cadre as awesome as possible. And being an illustrator doesn't really rake in the big bucks, so every model is an investment.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
So far i've hated playing Black Templars or Mech Orks (Though I once managed to run a full squad of Nob Bikers w/ Warboss off the field). Done pretty well against Nids (though their new codex might change that) and IG.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
7 Markerlight Hits and 6 railguns into a full Nob Biker squad with a Warboss, they ended up running off the field. Worst moment... any assault I've ever been in. Particularly losing 7 crisis suits in one turn against assaulting Black Templars. (damn their stupid moving after getting shot at rule...)

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Brother plays Orks and has spent a lot more money than me in his army, so my Tau mostly go unnoticed. Besides I draw for a living, my family has bigger issues with me.

What are some of you other interests?
Mythology, Video Games, Illustration, Art, Anime and Manga to a degree, and obviously Sci-fi

Do you have any pets?
A cat, which has been dubbed "The Carnifex" for her fondness of walking onto the table when we're playing.

What is your favourite band?
Hard to narrow it down to one... System of a Down, the Strokes, some Tool, and a bunch of weird Latin American ones you guys never heard about.

RevRanDoM
Por'O

Re: Duredhel

Post#2 » Apr 14 2010 08:37

Hi Duredhel,

Bienvenido a ATT!

First and foremost, l must say your artwork is very impressive.

That was the first thing that caught my eye, but I also noticed that your location said you were from Argentina. I have a particular fondness for Argentina since that is where my wife is from so I always think it is cool when we get new members from there. We're actually going to be in Buenos Aires in a few days to visit her family. Small world, eh? :)

Once again, welcome to ATT!

Duredhel
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Apr 15 2010 10:22

Thanks!

I'm originally from Peru, but I study in Palermo University, in Buenos Aires, so I send 9 months out of the year here :P

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Apr 16 2010 12:08

Welcome to ATT Duredhel, hope to see you around here a lot. :D
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Return to “Membership Profiles”