[WIP] Alo'rrayanoi | Pathfinder Devilfish

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Re: [WIP] Alo'rrayanoi | Pathfinder Devilfish

Post#271 » Mar 07 2012 02:25

So, I have been working on my Pathfinder Devilfish yesterday and made some progress:

Doors/Hatches:

Cabin door towards the cockpit:

Now the Assembly:

It is the first time that I pay attention to the interior of one of my vehicles (okay, I have only assembled one of my 3 Vehicles myself so there was not the option), but looking at this, it is a pity that I have not done this before since it is quite simple.

Edit:

Upgraded the camo on the Hammerhead (still need to paint the primary and secondary weapon system):

and the engines:

last but not least, the interrior of the now assembled new pathfinder-'fish:

Novawing
Shas

Post#272 » Mar 07 2012 11:05

That is some awesome work well done! I've only just detailed my first interior and wondered why I never did before, but I've got nothing on you.

Colour scheme is very striking, what's the fluff behind it?

Cheers Novawing

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#273 » Mar 08 2012 07:06

- Dawn Patrol -

The Shas'ui sauntered towards the Devilfish which was designated to his Scout team, even though the hangar doors where still closed, he knew it was pitch black outside, the first sun will set in about 2 decs, no wonder he could saunter around like this, no one who could question his discipline was around, only the other scouts and the vehicle crews and they usually minded their own business.

He stopped at the Sky Ray Gunship which was parked next to his Devilfish and hammered against the canopy with his fist, the canopy opened and a puzzled pilot stared at him, : "oh, it's you Shas'ui Gal'leath" said the pilot. "Yes, I brought you this from the Mess Hall" replied the pathfinder and threw a package of clone-beef-jerky and a piece of ge'ta on the Pilots lap, the Pilot looked at it and made a grimace, "To hoard food, is punishable, do you want me to call for the Shas'vre to reprimand you?" asked the Pilot.
Shas'ui Gal'leath turned around to finally get to his transport and only said "Shut up Ukos!"

After 3 steps, both bursted into laughter, Gal'leath has been 'hoarding food' for the ever hungry Ukos since they have been Saal on the Academy, the fact that now one of them was usually deep behind the enemy lines, while the other was far behind the own lines protected inside an armored vehicle did not change their friendship, since they knew that they can rely on each other.

Gal'leath arrived at the Devilfish, which his Shas'la had labeled with Dawn Patrol on the rear door.
"Where is H'ati?" requested the Shas'ui an answer from his Shas'la, his voice was now more commanding since he was now talking to subordinates.
"He's in there!" answered the Shas'la named Shi, nodding into the direction of the Devilfish. "The transporter is ready to go, H'ati knows how unpleasant you can be if someone is late, Shas'ui!"
Even though the Shas'la are his subordinates, they where also some kind of friends and knew when they have to stick to the command chain and when they can make a joke.
The Shas'ui grinned and yelled: "MOUNT" The Shas'la immediately marched into the Devilfish, the door closed silently behind them.

A beep from the Shas'uis chronometer confirmed that they where right on schedule, now all the other Shas designated to Fireteams and Battlesuits have finished their breakfast and where geared up and Marching in line towards their designated transports, unlike the scouts, 'discipline' was no issue here.

Shas'ui Gal'leath pulled out a Holo-map and dropped it on the floor between the benches, which buzzed into life and projected an overview of the area.

He started to explain his team what he had learned in the briefing around an dec ago, his voice was now quite monotonous, he pointed at some highlighted areas.
"This Holo-map was created by the commanding officer of an arriving supply vessel from Tau'shan." He said, while pointing upwards, just like they could actually see the ship from inside the devilfish.
"The area here," he pointed at a bright area in the middle of the holo, "is an Gue'la weapon depot, which we captured five rotaas ago and is currently held by a Shas'el and two Fireteams, they should have held that place until an Fio convoy could be sent there to remove the Gue'la equipment and install an outpost there, since the convoy needs the supply from the earlier mentioned vessel, this has not happened yet." Gal'leath takes a deep breath, "the Tau'shan officer noticed Gue'la movement towards the depot, that is why we are now sent out as relief force."
holographic vehicles appeared on the map.
"Scout team one and two will move into cover between the Gue'la force and the depot, while Fireteams and Hammerheads reinforce the garrison troops in the depot and the Sky Rays will stay here in our base waiting for our Markerlights."
Shas'la Shi raised a hand, Gal'leath nods
"What about Battlesuit support?"
"Stealth Teams are in the field and will take out the enemies scout units, The Tau'shan vessel has started two Orcas which will drop XV8 Teams as support where needed."
"Any further questions?" asked the Shas'ui his team, there where none.

The Chronometer beeped twice

Gal'leath pushed a button on the Intercom, and said "H'ati, lets move out"

Hangar doors opened, and let out the shimmer of artificial light into the pitch black of the night, the Sky Rays moved out first, taking their positions just outside the Hangars, leaving room for the other vehicles, then 3 Pathfinder Devilfishes boosted out of the hangars to arrive their destination before the first of the two sun sets.
Shortly after that a convoy of Devilfishes filled with Fireteams and two Hammerheads moved out to reinforce the garrison.

The dawn was braking.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#274 » Mar 20 2012 12:16

Update on the Pathfinder Devilfish:

Front:

Right:

Left:

Rear:

Detail of the Nose:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#275 » Mar 23 2012 11:15

That interior shot is really creepy. Also the extra kit bags is an idea I had not even considered. Have so many lying about I think I just found a use for them.. need some tweezers to put them in, but hey! :D

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#276 » Mar 24 2012 08:11

Thank you Tael, I stumbled over those when I was browsing my bits for something that looks like Scout equipment.

Now for something a little different, I have visited the Rra'il’fannor (black market) of the E'bay Sept for this gem ...:

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

It is in a little 'worse' condition that it looked on the picture on ebay, but it still is perfect for what I am going to do with it

Keep your eyes peeled for the two projects I'll be using it for.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#277 » Apr 18 2012 01:04

A short update,

I have stripped the paint of the 'fish above and purchased two more 'fishes. (I guess its time for an Aquarium)

Only one of them will be part of my cadre, the other two will face an quite unfortunate destiny.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#278 » Nov 28 2012 06:30

Here are finally pictures of my Paulson Games order:

The order arrived really quick and the parts are in great condition, I can't wait to use them for my minis.

Return to “Project Logs”