I keep looking at Vre'Suam with increasing disatisfaction. While I am still reasonably
happy with how she turned out (considering the state of the original metal parts) I am not overly happy with the base, especially compared with a couple I fluked for El'Ol'erra
and the Aun
. I think I am going to go back to the base this week, and tidy some of little imperfections that a high res picture shows up while I am at it! I should also try some low-lighting to make the white panels pop a little more.
I have been a little unfocussed when it comes to painting in the last few days. I was away at the weekend so I left many half-completed (or indeed half-started!) projects sitting on my hobby desk. When I finally got home last night, I retired up to the loft, put some TV on in the background, and started pottering.Firewarrior Team 2
I continued work on my second Firewarrior team. I am doing six at a time. I find that I get very sloppy when trying to batch paint a full team, so this is a good compromise. In fact, I still got a little sloppy.
These were primed white, given a basecoat of Model Colour white, then had black wash carefully applied to the panel lines and shadowed areas.
I then cleaned up the white panels with another coat of white. This could have probably been left until after the cloth was done, in all honesty.
Finally I painted in the Catachan Green basecoat for the cloth. This was slightly messier than I'd thought. Next time I am leaving the models partially unassembled to make painting them easier. Please remind me I said this when I get my next FW box!
I will finish their camouflage, then clean up the white again, then it's the fun bit - accents, details and glow!
I added sand to the base early this time, and painted it brown. This was after a discussion with my housemate about basing, and his suggestion was to paint up the sand base, and then add the other elements as I wish later, such as snow, grass, and stones. I look forward to seeing how this goes!Scale painting test for Lizardman Bloodbowl player
I have an unpainted bloodbowl team made up of a random selection of Saurus Temple Guard and skinks which I have been meaning to tackle for over a year. I attacked this saurus without any real plan, but I am happy with the result on the scales. I think I'll go back to this over the week.
He was primed with Tamiya Grey, basecoated (roughly) with Kantor blue, drybrushed with Enchanted Blue, washed down with black wash, and finally drybrushed with Hawk Turquoise. I suspect that the Enchanted Blue was unnecessary.Devilfish
Construction/painting of my second Devilfish continues. Slowly.
I painted a few details in the interior, and added a little more light-grey drybrushing to the floor to represent scuffs and trodden in slush and snow.
I did a little prep work on the chin-turret, slicing a burst cannon in half to allow me to drill and magnetise it so that the chassis can be converted to a Skyray or Hammerhead. I do need to finish the camouflage on the turret shell, but I was bored of painting by then, so I stuck the hull together.
I plan on pinning the side doors so that they can open.
This particular Devilfish seems to fit together very well. I did do a test fit before spraying, and did a little preparatory filing, but not very much. Compared with the previous Fish hull, it was a dream! The only point that needs more work is the seam between the rear panel and the roof, as you can see above.Fire Hawks Librarian
Not much to say about this. Primed it in black, and then added a Kantor Blue base to the areas I planned to make blue and a Gore Red base to those I planned to make orange. I added Enchanted blue to the former and some Blazing Orange to the latter. This made him very gaudy so I washed him down, which has worked OK on the blue, but has made the orange patchy. I got disheartened and left him there. I need to have a think about this one, but any tips are most welcome! I hope to have a go at a little free-hand on him in the latter stages, but I need to get him there first!
Til next time!