Modifiers are cumulative. It's a thing!

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Re: Modifiers are cumulative. It's a thing!

Post#19 » Jun 19 2017 02:52

Even under the assumption that multiple FM do not stack or that multiple DC do not stack, due to the fact that the FM "Drone Uplink" rule is different than the suit "Drone Controller" rule means that they do for at least Sniper drones.

A squad of Sniper Drones within range of a FM will get +1 to rolls for the Drone Uplink. It will then get an additional +1 if within range of any model with a Drone Controller. So Sniper Drones can at least hit on a 3+. If you can manage to markerlight your target (much harder to do if it is a character), then you can hit on a 2+ with rerolls. Too bad Drone Uplink only applies to Sniper Drones; however, masses of gun drones swarming around a stealth team or a commander with a DC shooting 4 shots and hitting on 3+ still seems pretty legit.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

AleksandrGRC
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Jun 20 2017 12:28

I thInk that
A buffed drone firing 6 shots at 3+ with rerolls is plenty. I want to win games but i want to be able to use more than a couple units and not have to deal with complaints from the other end of the table.

All i want
Is for drone units that started embarked or started 3 or less to not count as killpoints and not be able to capture objectives independently but still add model count to others that can/are.

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Jun 20 2017 01:14

Modifiers that are cumulative stack.

Unfortunately as it has been pointed out previously, The drone controller buff is a Boolean statement.

"Friendly <sept> Drone units within 6" of a model equipped with a drone controller add one to any hit rolls."

The key here is the the word 'a'.
Logical argument: Is there 'a' drone controller within 6"? if yes, then you get +1 to hit with the drone unit.

This is both RAI and RAW.

This buff is already extremely powerful considering gun-drones get 4 x S5 shots at 8 points. There is no need to over-exploit an already unbalanced unit

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Jun 20 2017 04:34

Lechai Skull wrote:This buff is already extremely powerful considering gun-drones get 4 x S5 shots at 8 points. There is no need to over-exploit an already unbalanced unit

Maybe we should just stop talking about Gun Drones altogether, so GW doesn't notice how horribly under-costed they are? :P Gun Drones might just be the saving grace of our Index.

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Jun 20 2017 04:58

Arka0415 wrote:
Lechai Skull wrote:This buff is already extremely powerful considering gun-drones get 4 x S5 shots at 8 points. There is no need to over-exploit an already unbalanced unit

Maybe we should just stop talking about Gun Drones altogether, so GW doesn't notice how horribly under-costed they are? :P Gun Drones might just be the saving grace of our Index.

They already are...

Brace for a Codex nerf of gundrones.
Hopefully they can make some other units more economical in consolation.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » Jun 20 2017 05:21

Lechai Skull wrote:Brace for a Codex nerf of gundrones.
Hopefully they can make some other units more economical in consolation.

My guess is Gun Drone and Commander slight points increase, XV8 slight points decrease. Vespid get a new model. I bet we also get a new brutally-efficient anti-tank unit so we all need to buy it.

AleksandrGRC
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Jun 21 2017 02:34

A cheep jetbike for 88s. Need new 88 modles to fit.

Actually i kinda hoped one day there would be manned hovering artillery but instead of firewarriors they need suits to operate. Just saying if the not squats gave tau tech...

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Jun 21 2017 11:40

I don't think they will up the cost of Gun Drones too much. No matter if they are BS + infinity with 30 re-rolls, they can still only shoot at the closest target, so their utility is quite limited in a lot of situations. A clever enemy can put something hard for them to hurt or not cost effective to shoot at in the way of targets that may be juicier.

However, they do fulfill the roll of ablative wounds and tons of overwatch very well.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Return to “Rules & FAQ”