DEC-Cadre log [KV128 log]

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
uberwesen
Shas

DEC-Cadre log [KV128 log]

Post#1 » Jul 07 2013 07:41

Welcome to my project log! :)

Hey,
this is my first post, so i hope you like it!
After getting my Enforcer Crisis i was stunned first and then became sad.
I became sad because i realised, that we won't get a new crisis model, but this expensive yet cool finecast model.
So i decided to add the most important features of the Enforcer to a standard Crisis.
Here comes the result:
I cutted out about 4-5 mm of the body, relocated the thrusters and attached the Shoulders directly to the Body.

Of course i didn't wanted the most prominent thing about the XV-8 05 to miss: the waist!

additional shot of the back

the finished model. I'm pretty happy withe the outcome. I think the suit looks much more mobile.

PAINT! :D

So thats it for my first post. I hope you like it and forgive me my bad pictures and english... :/

best regards
uberwesen
Last edited by uberwesen on Oct 11 2015 04:34, edited 11 times in total.

cunneen
Shas'Saal

Re: Crisis reimagined

Post#2 » Jul 07 2013 08:32

I agree, it does look a lot more mobile :D , also nice paint scheme well done.

Quick question how hard is the finecast to cut? Just wondering as I've never used it and I'm thinking of doing the same sort of thing when I get one. :biggrin:
The patient blade strikes deepest...

uberwesen
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 07 2013 08:37

well, all parts, except the head are either from the basic Crisis Model or Plasticsheets.
you don't need the Finecast Enforcer for my conversion! But to answer your question, its easier to cut then GW Plastic ;)

whoops! /edit
i used the hands of the Commander Model... my bad!

cunneen
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 07 2013 08:41

Thanks:) I couldn't tell, seems a little dum of me to have asked the question now :roll: The separation of the torso and the hips do make it look exceedingly similar though.
The patient blade strikes deepest...

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jul 07 2013 08:44

I like the concept and the paint job, but if I must nitpick, I think he should be standing a bit more straight to appreciate the waist (unless that's just how you were holding it).

uberwesen
Shas

Post#6 » Jul 07 2013 10:53

note, that the paint status is wip ;) the sept colours are still missing and the lenses.
i'm spending a lot of time posing my models, i think this is just as important for the final outcome as the paintjob.
on this model i didn't want the conversion to pop into the eye. i want people to wonder, why it looks different then other crisis :)
i like more subtile conversions. they feel more believeable and realistic to me.

heres a picture of my DRV (Devilfish Recon Vehicle)

timb6ea
Shas

Post#7 » Jul 07 2013 02:34

You Crisis looks really good, but that DRV kicks my lame butt. Holy crap that paintjob is awesome.
Will Flak'O for food.

uberwesen
Shas

Post#8 » Jul 07 2013 03:20

thanks for the positive feedback!
here is a picture of my Riptide:
and my actual project:

Bahir
Shas

Re: Crisis reimagined [and some other stuff]

Post#9 » Jul 07 2013 04:39

I love the color scheme. Well done! The colors look so crisp and clean.

TheMeanDM
Shas

Post#10 » Jul 07 2013 04:53

That is an amazing paint job! Airbrush or just really, really good with a regular brush?

What are the colors that you are using?
I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

uberwesen
Shas

Post#11 » Jul 08 2013 12:11

thanks guys! :D i'm glad you like them! I'm not the biggest painter, i just try to paint as clean as i can do.

I used an airbrush for the Riptides and DRVs green-brown.
the brown is Valejo Panzer Aces german black highlight
the beige is Valejo Modelcolour Stone Grey
the blue is a mixture of Modelcolour Blue, GW Iceblue and Modelcolour Ivory
the grey is Panzeraces Dark Rubber

I just love Valejo Modelcolours, most of them dry out very flat, wich i enjoy, because it gives kind of a stealthy look.

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#12 » Jul 08 2013 12:17

Wow, looks awesome overall, really clean and nice painting. And I love that piranah.
KISS - keep it simple stupid

timb6ea
Shas

Post#13 » Jul 08 2013 01:25

Second on the Pirhana, please update us when that one is done.
Will Flak'O for food.

Xilfaen
Shas

Post#14 » Jul 08 2013 07:46

@ Uberwesen:

The Devilfish looks awsome. Well done.
But you make me curious: How did you make the "sensor array"-thing between the cockpit and the recon drone?
I've never seen this before and don't recognise any of its parts... apart from the drone sensor fins on the sides ;)

uberwesen
Shas

Post#15 » Jul 08 2013 07:58

timb6ea wrote:Second on the Pirhana, please update us when that one is done.

sure thing! ;)

@Xilfaen
i don't know the english name for this article but its from GW. look: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440293a&prodId=prod770023a
i never understood why not more people use these parts, i think they are awesome! :D

Xilfaen
Shas

Post#16 » Jul 08 2013 08:08

:eek:
The humble "Squadron Command Frame" ...

Thanks. I totally forgot about that thing. It makes the DF look more "recon-style" with additional sensors and communications.
I think i will take one too, for my outflanking Pathfinder-transport. Thanks for the inspiration.

uberwesen
Shas

Post#17 » Jul 08 2013 08:58

Xilfaen wrote::eek:
The humble "Squadron Command Frame" ...

Thanks. I totally forgot about that thing. It makes the DF look more "recon-style" with additional sensors and communications.
I think i will take one too, for my outflanking Pathfinder-transport. Thanks for the inspiration.

well, i guess most people use it on the hammerhead. ;)

i planning to create a reconnaissance cadre with some questionable backround. I'm still working on the fluff but i get a lot of inspiration from former South African Special Forces called CCB (basically a hit squad). I was thinking, that if someone in the Empire goes rouge, you need forces specialized to shut them down. I thought it was a cool idea to break with the nice-guy image off the Tau, without violating official fluff.

/edit
someone asked me, how i use my colours on infantry models. i'm in Copenhagen right now, so this is the best i can give to you:

Xeones
Shas

Post#18 » Jul 08 2013 04:07

i like more subtile conversions. they feel more believeable and realistic to me.

I heartily agree. Some of the best conversions are ones where you can't really tell they are conversions. Thanks for sharing your work. You've got some really nice pieces there. I'm especially liking your piranha so far --Although I'm not sure about the lower sensor spines beneath the rear stabilizers. IMO, they seem to interfere with the beautiful sweeping lines of the back fins and other portions of the body. You know, as many times as I've seen people use Stealth burst cannons on Devilfish, I don't think I've ever seen someone use them on a Piranha before. Looking at it now, I can't imagine why people don't do it more often. I think the scale the the stealth BC is much more suited to the Piranha's size than the Devilfish's and it nicely personalizes the look of your little fish. :crafty:

Nice work!
SPRUE FOR THE SPRUE GOD!!!

Return to “Modelling”